• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

This or That

mainstays

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

[quote]
To clean the leaves and debris off your driveway -- broom or leafblower?
[/quote]

Hehehehehehehe, you're gonna think I'm strange indeed, but I use my lawnmower on our blacktop driveway. Up one side and down the other and it's done.

Mailbox in the country ( even though it gets vandalized regularly)

Grass catcher on the lawnmower,

---OR--

Lawn sweeper pull behind the tractor

• Members

[quote]
small sized lot to mow or one acre or larger to mow?
[/quote]

[b]Great big[/b], and the bigger the better, and hopefully landscaped with a lot of really nice flowering trees, that also give beautiful fall foliage.

do you prefer:::

Riding a standard ground-engaging lawn-tractor to mow,

--OR--

Riding one of those new zero-turn-radius lawn mowers

• Members

[quote]
a flower garden or a vegtable garden
[/quote]

I put both veggies and flowers in the same plot. By using a technique known as companion planting, we can ward off a lot of noxious insect pests. E.G. marigolds are very attractive, and will repel the cabbage worm butterfly. Zinnias, Calendulas, Tansy, citronella, just to name a few others, are also very effective.

Do you prefer root veggies, OR above-ground types?

• Members

Fresh veggies in the summer time, and frozen veggies in the winter time.

Pulling weeds and hoeing to achieve the look of clean cultivation.

--OR--

"Carpeting" your entire garden with mulch. Just fold the weeds over, and apply thick layers (about eight to ten inches) of hay or straw right on top.

• Members

[quote]
I like free things
[/quote]

:) :D :) :D My sentiments exactly. :) :D

One time I was driving down the road that was two days after a cloudburst thunderstorm. I saw a farmer's field where he didn't get his bales of hay all brought to the barn in time. They were just sitting in the field getting nice and moldy and mildew-ed. I asked him how much he wanted, and he GAVE them to me. There were over one hundred bales in that field. What a mulching good time I had that year. :lol: :D :)

Flea markets.

Do you plant squash, pumpkins, cucumbers, cantalopes, etc. in the same area with the corn,

--OR--

Do you prefer to plant them in their own separate patch?

Archived