• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

This or That

mainstays

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I want to able to keep clean and daily bathed, but be forced to use my ingenuity to do it with the ordinary stuff found in the woods and streams of the mountains. Shaving isn't necessary in the woods.

For food, would you like to really rough it, and find your own,

-----------------OR-----------------

Bring along enough quick foods, or stuff that does not require much prep work.

• Members

Well since I come from a family of hunters and fishermen....I would say, rough it and find our own.....there is plenty of fish and wildlife to eat.... :)

If you had your choice of food.....do you prefer wildgame (moose, vension, rabbit, pheasant, duck, goose, frog-legs, etc.) or beef, pork, chicken, turkey etc.

• Members

Oysters by all means, except we can't can't get fresh oysters in the summer time (May thru August).

Groundhog tastes just like rabbit. They are good eating b/c they only eat the very best things out of your garden, so eating them is like poetic justice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fresh fish, do you prefer::

fresh water fish; e.g. brook trout, etc.

---------OR---------

Salt water fish; e.g. flounder, bluefish, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

WOW!!!! I'll take them both thank you very much. Hahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yowza, that is really tough, to pick just one, though. Since I can't have both, I'll take the Lobster, because there is more of it.

Do you prefer::

Stuffed mushrooms

----------OR-------------

Teriaki chicken

• Members

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???? Now that is a tough one. I've never had either one of those. However since it is what is being served for dinner, and I just don't feel like going hungry, I'll take the muskrat (aka marsh-rodent). It is more vegetarian, I hope, therefore the meat should be less alkaline than a carnivore.

For dessert we have pies, lots and lots of pies. :) Today we are serving wet-bottom pies.

Would you like::

Montgomery (lemon flavor)

---------OR---------

Vanilla (yep, it's vanilla flavored. :lol: )

• Members

I have not tried either of those choices, but they sound yummy and since I like lemon I would have to choose......

Montgomery (lemon flavor)

Pies, cakes and sweets are delicious....especially when they contain chocolate.... :D

Hot fudge sundae sprinkled with peanuts or Banana split topped with extra whipped cream and cherries?

• Members

Hi Everybody,

Hehehehehe, I'll have a banana split with hot fudge sauce. :lol: :lol: We are offering cookies on the side.

Would you prefer::

Raisin filled "pillow" cookies (they look like small pillows)

-------------or-------------

huge, soft, molasses cookies

Archived