• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

This or That

mainstays

• Members

I enjoy homemade tomato sauce, however, I will admit that I buy most of it.... :oops:

It's hard to beat a good sale and I generally buy extra at those times.

Preserve your own frozen vegetables or buy frozen vegetables from the grocery store?

[i](Thank you Jim,....I certainly enjoy my chocolate!!)[/i]

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

[quote]
Preserve your own frozen vegetables or buy frozen vegetables from the grocery store?
[/quote]

We used to freeze and can everything: pickles and relishes, veggies and fruits from our own trees and garden, but not anymore. It isn't that we don't want to, we just don't a have big family anymore.

Do you::::

Eat fresh fruits and veggies in-season in your area, and canned or frozen in the off-seasons.

--or--

Get whatever you want as the long as the stores have it, no matter what it is.

• Members

Eat fresh fruits and veggies in-season in your area, and canned or frozen in the off-seasons.

Now, I must admit I do not eat as many fruits and veggies as I should...... :oops: ...I know, I need to change that bad habit. Why does chocolate taste so much better than any fruit or vegetable.... :shock:

Even though our diet should consist of both, do you prefer fruits or vegetables?

• Members

Fruits, it's nature's candy.

Soft, tree ripe stone fruits [i](((peaches, plums, nectarines, apricots, mangoes, cherries, persimmons after the frost, avocados, etc.)))[/i]

--or--

Tree ripe crunchy fruits [i](((apples...)))[/i]

--or--

Tree ripe custard fruits [i](((Bananas, pears, paw paw, cherimoyer, figs, etc.)))[/i]

Click here please:::

http://rossmount.com.au/nursery/trees.htm

• Members

Wow, Jim, you don't make this easy for a person! :wink: :lol:

Since I [b][i]have[/i][/b] to choose (that's the point of the game), I'll choose ... tree-ripe crunchy fruits, like Apples.

Okay, now it's my turn...since it's late (for me) and I need to go to bed pretty soon, I'll make this easy (on myself :wink: )

Your favorite Nut to snack on:

Almonds OR Cashews?

• Members

Hehehhehehehehe, I know it's the game, and I'm supposed to pick only one, but ya see I just can't. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to have them both and a whole host of others:::

I want, Brazil nuts, filberts (aka hazlenuts), pecans, cashews, almonds, English walnuts, and any others I think of at the time. You can see that I want 'em all. :mrgreen: :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If you like dried fruits:::

Dried figs

--or--

Raisins (Dried grapes)

--or--

Dried apricots

--or--

Dates

• Members

My daughter uses chocolate chips in her [b]Pumpkin Muffins [/b]and her [b]Black Bottom Cupcakes.[/b]

Those Black Bottom Cupcakes are sooooooooooooooo good. They are essentially a Black Forest chocolate cupcake with cheese-cake centers, wherein the cheese-cake filling is loaded with those little mini-choco chips. That is a recipe worthy of note. I'll just have to post it. [i] ((((Do you notice how I always gravitate to topics about chocolate desserts. :lol: :lol: :lol: ))))[/i]

My wife uses raisins in her bran muffins.

Do you prefer::::::::

A coffee cake with cinnamon and brown sugar swirled through it,

--or--

A peach (or pineapple) upside down cake.

• Members

A coffee cake with cinnamon and brown sugar swirled through it.......Yummy!!! :mrgreen:

Rake the grass clippings off your lawn with a rake or sweep the lawn using a pull behind your lawn tractor, lawn sweeper?

[i]Can you tell that I am on my way out the door to sweep our lawn with our pull behind lawn sweeper... :wink: [/i]

[i]BTW Jim, I like how your thoughts turn to chocolate....I am right there with ya!! :lol: [/i]

• Members

I much prefer the pull behind sweeper, because it saves a lot of time.[i] (my front lawn is huge) [/i] However raking the grass clippings into windrows, then gathering them up into my humongous trailer is actually therapeutic. It's good exercise, too. :D :mrgreen:

Mowing your lawn on your rider::::

Do you enjoy it???

--or--

would you much rather be doing something else???

• Members

Hehehhehehe, My wife and I both much prefer outside yardwork to inside cleaning. :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

For your yardwork, do you prefer::::

Springtime prep work for the growing season? I.E. gathering out the dead branches that have fallen on the yard, pruning the flowering bushes, working the soil for annuals to be planted, covering the ground around the perennials with mulch, etc.

--OR--

Fall cleanup work to prepare for wintertime.

My own preference is prepping the engines and other machines for spring and summer usage.

Archived