• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

You Eat WHAT??????

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL......there was a reason I didn't go first. :oops: :oops:

I am one of those Norwierdos :lol: that enjoy eating Lefsa (with butter and sugar) and Lutifisk (sp?) (with tons of butter and salt). I have also eaten dry baby cereal......with nothing else (it is a weird after pregnancy craving and my baby doesn't even eat the cereal yet :lol: )

I also love original ripple chips with bean dip...... ok well it is actually just Bush's Baked Beans right out of the can....original of course. :idea:

Ok who is next since I completely embarassed myself :oops: :D

• Members

[quote="mainstays"]
LOL......there was a reason I didn't go first. :oops: :oops:

I am one of those Norwierdos :lol: that enjoy eating Lefsa and Lutifisc (sp?) with tons of butter and salt. I have also eaten dry baby cereal......with nothing else (it is a weird after pregnancy craving and my baby doesn't even eat the cereal yet :lol: )

I also love original ripple chips with bean dip...... ok well it is actually just Bush's Baked Beans right out of the can....original of course. :idea:

Ok who is next since I completely embarassed myself :oops: :D
[/quote]

Well, actually now that you kinda mention it, I do love tofu burgers (loaded with garlic of course) and felafel (middle eastern dish loaded with garlic)

After I eat this stuff, I get booted to the girls room to sleep...Hubby can't stand my breath.... :oops:

So, what are Lefsa and Lutifisc?

• Members

Lefse and Lutefisk are Norwigian culinary specialties.....:?

[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:XMk1k8qBG6AC:www.lefsebakery.com/cgi-local/store/Html/Images/lefse.jpg[/img]

Lefse is a Norwegian dish made primarily from potatoes. Lefse is served in a variety of ways but most commonly rolled up with butter and sugar. Lefse can also be used similarly to a tortilla, with your favorite ingredients inside. Countryside lefse is created with all natural ingredients, with no additives or preservatives. The lefse is hand-rolled and baked to preserve its authentic taste and texture. Lefse is often associated with lutefisk, as the two are often served together. These two items should not be confused, as lutefisk is cod, which has been preserved in the traditional Norwegian way of soaking it in lye. Lefse seems to be universally palatable to all, whereas lutefisk has been known to be more of an acquired taste.

[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:RFFtdls6WsIC:www.ourcompanyname.com/images/lutefisk_small.jpg[/img]

Lutefisk is a Scandinavian specialty of air dried (unsalted) cod, which is soaked in water and lye before cooking. It is then simmered in water for 10 to 15 minutes, until just done. It is traditionally served with a cream sauce.

Hope this helps some.....

• Members

I eat raw dough when I bake - biscuit dough and cookie dough - yum, LOL! Also batters. I'll tell you a true story: one night when I was little my mom was fixing to bake a cake, and my dad and brothers asked her why she had to bake the batter. To make a long story short, we had chocolate cake batter for dessert - but it was good, lol. :D

• Members

[quote="BamaAngel"]
I eat raw dough when I bake - biscuit dough and cookie dough - yum, LOL! Also batters. I'll tell you a true story: one night when I was little my mom was fixing to bake a cake, and my dad and brothers asked her why she had to bake the batter. To make a long story short, we had chocolate cake batter for dessert - but it was good, lol. :D
[/quote]

Yummm!!! Another of my favorites!

• Members

I don't like buying milk because I do not drink it. So most of the time I do not have milk handy when I want some cereal. So somewhere along the way, I started eating my cereal with yogurt. It tastes pretty good - unless it is a really sugary cereal, then it is quite gross! :(

I got Kat's brother addicted to it over Christmastime! :lol:

• Members

[quote="mainstays"]
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Jerry, I have never heard of anyone doing that before. I have heard of people using choc milk but never yogurt. Unfortunatly this is one thing I will never try because of the fact I don't like yogurt.
[/quote]

oh...oh....you've wounded me, Sis.......not like yogurt :?: ....how could you :?:

Oh well....I'll live, though I am wounded till the day I die. :lol: :lol:

• Members

[quote="Jerry"]
I don't like buying milk because I do not drink it. So most of the time I do not have milk handy when I want some cereal. So somewhere along the way, I started eating my cereal with yogurt. It tastes pretty good - unless it is a really sugary cereal, then it is quite gross! :(

I got Kat's brother addicted to it over Christmastime! :lol:
[/quote]

I'm going to tattle........Jerry ate something that even I with my weirdo tastebuds might have a hard time with....chocolate covered ants.......

ewwwwwww!!!!! :barfy: :barfy:

Guest Guest

I've eaten a few weird things. One that I still would eat, but I just don't do very often, is macaroni and cheese with cinnamon applesauce. I have no clue how I found that one out, but i got all my siblings doing it, and they still do it sometimes. Of course I put corn in there too, that's w/ or w/o the applesauce.

• Members

[quote="abtrenholm"]
I'm going to tattle........Jerry ate something that even I with my weirdo tastebuds might have a hard time with....chocolate covered ants.......
[/quote]

Very chewy! Not much flavour though. The ants Kat made me eat in June with my baked potato and sour cream were much tastier! Anyone remember that? :lol: