• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

You Eat WHAT??????

• Members

[quote]
E-yuuuum! Did someone say cheese?? I am a cheesemonster! LOL!
[/quote]

Hi BamaAngel,

Here in Lancaster, PA, we have several discount grocery stores. There is one that is quite close for me in my daily travels that I call "cheese-heaven". They have a walk-in cooler/refrigerator that is stacked to the gills with nice big blocks of cheese: extra sharp cheddar, regular cheddar, Alpine Lace Swiss, Colby, Longhorn, and the list goes on. Those are all listed at $1.59 per pound in blocks approximately five pounds. My favorite is the farmer's cheese. It is a hard block cheese very much like mozzerella and is typically $2.10 per pound at this store.

If any of you ever get into the Lancaster Area, you'll find this little store on Horsehoe Rd, just off of Newport Rd. The name of it is Lantz's Grocery. They are Amish and have no telephone (it's against their religion).

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Close. We used to eat those dog biscuits. Yummmmm. Not the green ones though. We had to draw the line somewhere. :oops:

Does this mean I can't play on the message boards anymore? :( Everyone thinks I'm gross now.

• Members

I love farmers cheese

Hey one time when I and my hubby were in Bible college and we was engaged his mom made peoples puppy chow now the thing is she used to work where they made bags and so she was able to get a clean puppy chow bag and she sent it to him so me and him were eating this peoples puppy chow in the college halls out of a puppy chow bag boy did we get some looks and when we offered to share they ran it was so funny I wished I would have had a camera :lol: :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I LOVE GARLIC!!!!!! My favorite food :D

[quote="abtrenholm"]
[quote="mainstays"]What are some foods that you secretly enjoy that someone else may find disgusting??
[/quote]

Ha ha! You first Mainstay! :lol: :lol:

Actually, exept for having loads of garlic on my food, that's about it![/quote]

• Members

I really like garlic too. Also onions, garlic, chives, and leeks all observe Moore's Law:::

[b]Moore's Law => If a little is good, then more is better, and way, way too much is just right. :D [/b]

Dose anyone out there like:::

[b]Tripe[/b] => Pig's stomach cut in small pieces or strips and pickled

[b]Souse[/b]=> Pickled pig's feet

[b]Pig puddin's[/b]=> Leftovers from the hog-butchering process that we didn't know what else to do with, so it's ground up fine and packaged.

[b]Pig brains[/b]=> A very fine delicacy indeed.

[b]Head-cheese[/b]=> The pig's head is dehaired, then put into the cooking kettle and all the good stuff is cooked off (i.e. the eyeballs, what's left of the brain-cavity contents after the brains have been extracted, etc. Then the pot is skimmed, and the skimmings are ground up fine and packaged. Liverwurst is a type of head-cheese.

Then after the kettle has been completely skimmed and everything processed, the remaining kettle-liquid is poured into big cans as lard. There isn't anything in the whole wide world that can make pie crusts as nice, flaky and tasty as pure lard. It is also the most effective cutting fluid for cast iron. There simply is not any other formulation, synthetic or otherwise, that will work as well.

• Members

Please I eat dog food as a kids story for church. I've also eaten live goldfish and once I ate a worm that I put in chocolate pudding and stirred it up and then ate the whole thing

I also eat a jar of pickles a week and then when I'm finished I drink the whole juice down

• Members

[quote]
Please I eat dog food as a kids story for church. I've also eaten live goldfish and once I ate a worm that I put in chocolate pudding and stirred it up and then ate the whole thing
[/quote]

That's not really too bad from what I'm hearing. Earth worms might be a little gritty, from the fact that they eat earth. There is a recipe that a friend of mine has called applesauce surprise cake. The surprise is what makes it so nice and moist. Yup, you guessed it, earthworms, ground up and blended with the applesauce.

[quote]
I also eat a jar of pickles a week and then when I'm finished I drink the whole juice down
[/quote]

Wouldn't that pickle your gizzard, though??? :lol: :D :) :mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...