• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

You Eat WHAT??????

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No reason to apologize, Brother. I was not offended in the least. :)

I have let people assume whatever they wish in the past and without fail they called me "brother", but I have been convicted that letting someone believe something that is not true would be a lie of omission. So, now I speak up.

• Members

I'm re-posting this in an effort to get back on course (since I took us off the subject there for a bit). :D

[quote="Whiterock"]
[quote="88keys"]I haven't had this in a while (trying to diet, you know) but I really love pan-fried spam with a glob of real mayonnaise on it. Yummy!
[/quote]

Fried spam makes a yummy sandwich. My mom used to make 'em for lunch sometimes when I was growing up. I haven't had one in forever 'cause these days they price it like it's some kinda specialty deli meat. :? Don't they know that the reason people used to buy it was because it was so cheap! I'd rather spend the money on real ham - although I do miss those fried sandwiches sometimes.

Another thing momma used to make was potted meat (deviled ham) sandwiches with mayo. Those are good too. And fried bologna sandwiches with mayo and ketchup. Speaking of mayo, there were times when we would have just plain ol' mayo sandwiches or mayo on saltine crackers if we didn't have any bread. :mrgreen:

WR[/quote]

Ya' know just re-reading that makes me feel greasy. :lol: :rollover:

WR

• 9 months later...
  • Members

[quote]
The mayo/ketchup mixture sprinkled with a little pepper is awesome for fries!
[/quote]

Here in PA they have "Old Iron" festivals. It's a festival wherein there are lots of old ancient tractors, farm equipment, exotic machines of all types, and stuff people have invented and built. At one of these things, there was a typical french fry wagon. When you get your order there are the various condiments to put on the fries, but besides the ketchup and vinegar, they also have Old Bay Seasoning. I tried that and now will never put ketchup on my fries again. That Old Bay on my fries was to die for. :lol:

• Members

Livermush? EWEWW I think I'm gonna :barfy: :barfy: :barfy:

Oh wait-a-minute, is that anything like Head-Cheese, or liverwurst. If it is, I might like it after all. Some of these good Penn-Dutch things are enuff to gag-a-maggot :barfy: , like cup-cheese, and limburger cheese. However, pickled pig's stomach, tripe, Hog Maul, all types of head cheese, and Souse are to die for. :D :D :D

Head cheese is made at the time of butchering. They cook the hog's head in the great big butcher's kettle till everything (all flesh) is completely cooked off, including the eyeballs. The brains were extracted previously, as they are an exceptionally fine delicacy. Then the stuff that cooked off the skull is scooped up, ground and stuffed into sausage skins. I knew a farmer one time who claimed that he could get everything out of a hog and use it, except the squeal.

It was at one of these butchering sessions that the Penn-Dutch definition for the word, [i][b]excuse[/b][/i] was coined.

[i][b]Excuse: The baloney skin of a reason sausage-stuffed full of lies.[/b][/i]