• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

You Eat WHAT??????

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

[quote="LIGHTGAFFER"]
[quote]Hey has anyone here tried putting salted peanuts in your Coke! It's great! The peanuts flavor your drink and your drink flavors the peanuts - which you eat when your at the end of the Coke.
[/quote]

Now there is something that I really like. :D :mrgreen:

I know what it is like to grow up church-mouse poor. We had lotsa ground-hogs (aka whistle-pigs) though. I know a lot of people don't like to eat them, but I hafta tell ya, they are really good eating when prepared properly. The secret is to soak them in an extremely strong brine and vinegar solution for 48 hours, changing/replacing the solution at the 24 hour point. Also, don't forget to remove the musk (gall-like) glands under the arm-pits. If they are not removed, the whole kitchen will stink fierce when Mr. ground-hog is cooked. If any of you like rabbit, then you'll really enjoy whistle-pig. They taste the same and have a whole lot more meat. :)[/quote]

My mother always said that they were "poor as church mice and didn't know it." She said she never realized they were poor until she was grown and looking back at it. They hunted for meat, grew their own food, and the children all pulled their own weight - they worked hard and played hard. Sometimes I think my children could use a little of that kind of living, to strengthen their character.

Anyway I'd better include something about food or I'll get way off topic. Ok, um.... alligator tail is real good. :mrgreen:

• Members

[quote]
Hey has anyone here tried putting salted peanuts in your Coke! It's great! The peanuts flavor your drink and your drink flavors the peanuts - which you eat when your at the end of the Coke.
[/quote]

Coke and peanuts (in the same bottle of course) one of my all time favorites when I was a little kid. Pork Rinds and a Dr. Pepper is a southern staple as well. RC Cola and a Moon Pie was one of my Granddad's favorites.

I didn't find out until after I joined the Navy that there were people who have never actually had a banana samich. Fresh Colonial Bread make the best ones. :|

• Members

This is one silly thread but we made PB and sugar sandwhiches but we rolled our bread into tiny balls than smothered it with PB then rolled it in sugar and threw them in the freezer :lol: That was a treat!

• Members

[quote]
My mother always said that they were "poor as church mice and didn't know it." She said she never realized they were poor until she was grown and looking back at it. They hunted for meat, grew their own food, and the children all pulled their own weight - they worked hard and played hard. Sometimes I think my children could use a little of that kind of living, to strengthen their character.
[/quote]

Now you're talkin', Brother. My sentiments exactly.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Something else we had when I was young was dandelion greens. Get them before the flowers bloom, or they will be really bitter. Then wash them thoroughly, and sear them in a great big deep frying pan, and add hot sweet & sour bacon dressing with hard-boiled eggs sliced, diced, and riced all over it. It is to die for.
:) :D :mrgreen:

• Members

[quote="lumi"]
This is one silly thread but we made PB and sugar sandwhiches but we rolled our bread into tiny balls than smothered it with PB then rolled it in sugar and threw them in the freezer :lol: That was a treat!
[/quote]

Okay, call me weird but that [i]does[/i] sound tasty! :lol: You must've done it with storebought plain white bread -- that stuff has the consistency of paste as soon as you get it just a little bit moist. Your snack idea is the best use I've ever heard of for it! :D

• Members

[quote="LIGHTGAFFER"]
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

I love ice cream on my cereal, and chocolate sauce/syrup too.
[/quote]

Another variation: Rice Krispies or Grape Nuts on ice cream. Yummm.

(But I don't think that classifies as weird because they actually suggest that on the Grape Nuts box :D)

• Members

[quote]
Another variation: Rice Krispies or Grape Nuts on ice cream. Yummm.
[/quote]

Hehehehehhehehe, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do that too, and use granola, and wheaties, and shredded wheat, and lotsa chocolate syrup and blueberry pie filling straight out of the can. :mrgreen:

Didja ever notice that in those grape-nuts flakes cereals, there are no grapes and no nuts. :D :D

• Members

[quote="88keys"]
I haven't had this in a while (trying to diet, you know) but I really love pan-fried spam with a glob of real mayonnaise on it. Yummy!
[/quote]

Fried spam makes a yummy sandwich. My mom used to make 'em for lunch sometimes when I was growing up. I haven't had one in forever 'cause these days they price it like it's some kinda specialty deli meat. :? Don't they know that the reason people used to buy it was because it was so cheap! I'd rather spend the money on real ham - although I do miss those fried sandwiches sometimes.

Another thing momma used to make was potted meat (deviled ham) sandwiches with mayo. Those are good too. And fried bologna sandwiches with mayo and ketchup. Speaking of mayo, there were times when we would have just plain ol' mayo sandwiches or mayo on saltine crackers if we didn't have any bread. :mrgreen:

WR