• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Adkins !!!!!

• Members

I hear Adkins is bad in many ways. Its high in fat low in carbs. Bacon, sausage, eggs, peaunuts and Diet Dew. All she wants to do is drop the weight. What will end up happening is she'll gain it back just as fast when she gets off it. Its a I want it off fast and I want it off now, even if it starves me kind of diet.

• Members

Would she maybe be able to stick with the South Beach diet? It's similar to Atkins but much more healthy and easier for one to stay on for a long time; not feeling like you are starving and not as limited in the foods you can eat.

The good diets are those a person can stay on for life. Those diets that drastically reduce calories or limit food choices which do help a person lose a lot of weight fast are short term only. Most people simply and can't live on that sort of diet forever, which means when they go off the diet they tend to gain it all back...and then some!

There are other possibilities for different diets too, South Beach is just the first I thought of.

• Members

Atkins and South Beach are similar in that they both are low-carb. Here's the thing though...when your wife eats meat on either diet she doesn't HAVE to choose bacon, sausage, etc. She can choose fish or chicken. :thumb Also, other nuts like walnuts, pecans, etc. are excellent for health, much more so than peanuts.

• Administrators

Actually, Diet Mt. Dew is a no-no if one is going to stick straight to Atkins - the caffeine in the Dew makes it bad.

Tell her if she decides to stay on the diet, she needs to drink lots of water. The meat increases the uria in the body, and if it isn't washed out can cause kidney problems.

• Members
Actually, Diet Mt. Dew is a no-no if one is going to stick straight to Atkins - the caffeine in the Dew makes it bad.

Tell her if she decides to stay on the diet, she needs to drink lots of water. The meat increases the uria in the body, and if it isn't washed out can cause kidney problems.

I like to kid with her about her Dew intake....... but she is a bonified Dewaholic. She used to be a regular Dew drinker and then got used to diet and could'nt get used to the regular again. Myself I drank so much Dew at one period of time that I could'nt stand drink it anymore. For the longest time, a couple years, I went without a Dew. Now occasionally I can drink it. Bonified Dewaholic yeah that was me too at one time.

• Members

I like to kid with her about her Dew intake....... but she is a bonified Dewaholic. She used to be a regular Dew drinker and then got used to diet and could'nt get used to the regular again. Myself I drank so much Dew at one period of time that I could'nt stand drink it anymore. For the longest time, a couple years, I went without a Dew. Now occasionally I can drink it. Bonified Dewaholic yeah that was me too at one time.

My sister has been a Dewaholic for years. She can't go anywhere without a Dew. My wife drinks a lot of the diet Dew; I can't stand the taste of that! I was close to a Dewaholic many years ago but these days I don't drink much soda, mostly water.

• Administrators

:Green Ah, yes. The Dewaholic! That is the drink of choice in the boys' dorm at our college - because it contains so much caffeine that it helps them stay awake to study. Well, it used to be, back when my hubby was in college. We'd have guys over to our house, and always had to make sure we had Dew.

I have a good friend who loves her Dew as well. Her kids considered it a real treat if she shared any of it with them. :lol: They could drink other soda, but leave her Dew alone!!! :lol:

I've never liked the taste of the stuff. My fave used to be diet cherry Coke. Can't drink any Coke products now, so that's all to the good!

• Members

I did atkins several years ago and lost 30 lbs in 6 months. I didn't stick to it to the letter. But I did eat better that I had before. I ate lots of meat but also lots of vegtables. With that being said. I have had more success with a low calorie diet losing 30 pounds in one month. Perhaps you good reccomend her to www.thedailyplate.com God bless. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I tried Atkins, the halleluaha diet, and others. Success for short time then the weight came back. I am now finding what works for me is smaller portions, more chicken less red meat (big deal for a kid that grew up on a cattle ranch eating Steak almost every day). I find if I want meat, have a smaller one say 6 oz instead of a 22 oz T bone.

Water is very important. Its one of the best natural detoxifiers. I also drink total tea. www.totaltea.net :coffee It is a cleanser and detox and has made me feel much better. I attribute some of my recent weight loss to it.

Encourage her when it comes up for balance. Get a photo off the net of the stomach and see how small it is. That amazed me as to its size empty then how much food I try to stuff in it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I would suggest she go with the Southbeach diet and stop drinking DEW altogether and drink more water, milk, and fruit juice. Pop of any kind is a diuretic and it keeps the body dehydrated.
Diet pop can create cravings for sweet foods and can cause weight gain, IMHO. CJP56.

• Members
I would suggest she go with the Southbeach diet and stop drinking DEW altogether and drink more water, milk, and fruit juice. Pop of any kind is a diuretic and it keeps the body dehydrated.
Diet pop can create cravings for sweet foods and can cause weight gain, IMHO. CJP56.

:thumb Good advice!