• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian BB coach fired

• Members

There are times to let up and times to keep pouring it on. It's often hard to know which is necessary. I won't question the coach's decision because I don't know the whole story. One more thing I want to say is that coaching is not a job for people who are always feeling bad for the losers.

Sad day when Christians cheer them on and say "Its alright."

Is that what it is, or is it that we disagree?

• Members

No, there is never a time to beat someone into the ground, to kick someone when they are down, never.

Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you. If you want people to show you grace, you must show it your self in ALL of your ways.

Why would a Christians want to completely humiliate a person or another team? Does Christ teach us to humiliate people? I think not.

humiliate
> Derived: humiliation.
> Synonym: abase, chagrin, humble, mortify.
> Hypernym: bruise, hurt, injure, offend, spite, wound.
> Hyponym: crush, degrade, demean, demolish, disgrace, put down, smash, take down.
- He humiliated his colleague by criticising him in front of the boss.

Verb
> Hyponym: crush, degrade, demean, demolish, disgrace, put down, smash, take down.

Cause to feel shame; hurt the pride of.

• Members

When I played baseball we played a catholic high school who was up by 25 runs in the 2nd inning. Guess what happended. Slaughter rule!!!! This coach could have asked the other coach to call the game or the refs. No need to win by this much. The coach and the refs should have called it after the half. The school should not have tried to forfeit the game but the coach should have been more humble.