• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Questions Only

• Members

John81, aren't we all Christians who struggle against our human flesh?

Isn't fighting our human natures to be be arrogant, selfish, know-it-alls who believe "I am right and everyone else is wrong" part of our daily struggle?

Don't some people struggle with those issues more than others? Don't some people not even see a reason to struggle against this part of their human nature because they are blinded to it?

Doesn't locking threads when things become disagreeable give one a sense of feeling "in control" and of being "powerful"?

• Members

Well Christians are supposed to be different, but I don't think moderators are different, do you?

Sometimes one moderator can become a bit corrupted by the sense of power they have over a message board and can ruin it for everyone else, just because they don't personally agree with certain posts. They sometimes let their personal feelings about something stand in the way of a good discussion, IMHO. That is just the nature of message boards, but I am saddened that it seems to have happened to this board too.

• Members

Is gossip still gossip even on a message board?

Doesn't someone have to be in charge?

Would we like to have folks question (actually, complain and whine about) our decisions for all to see?

Do boards exist that that have little to no moderation? Are they more ideal than ours? If they are, why aren't you there?

• Members

As a matter of fact, there was once a Yahoo Club which was lightly moderated where we exchanged ideas, discussed differing thoughts, and the course of the discussion was kept rather civil by moderators warning individuals rather than closing the topic; but since they shut down the Clubs, we can't participate there anymore can we?

Since when is discussing how a forum is run "gossip"? There are some great folks here and I love this forum but does that mean we have to believe it's perfect, or that we can't disagree with some things, or that we can't see what's going on before our eyes, or because we are not all in lock-step we should just leave? Do you realize you are the second or third moderator I have noticed in recent days giving a clear indication that those who are not in-line with moderator views are not necessarily welcome here?