• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Questions Only

• Members

Is it not true that Scripture says God has specific works planned for each of us?

Or how about this which our pastor says:

David was a sinful man. He failed, he struggled, and he sometimes lost his focus and made the wrong turn. He was like us. David was a ?man after God?s own heart? not because he never failed, but because when he fell, he didn?t make excuses. Like a driver who has made the wrong turn, David turned around, admitted his lost state, and got back on the right road.

• Members
meaning ' date='if your saved, when you fail the LORD is happy with you if you just get up and do His will ??[/quote']

Do you know it can help to remember the parent/child relationship? You know how your child can do something really bad but you still love them and if they realize they did wrong and tell you they are sorry you are very pleased to hear that and hopeful such won't happen again? Isn't it wonderful God isn't just some overbearing God but he's our Heavenly Father and He accepts us as His adopted children through Christ?

• Members

Do you know I'm not really sure?

Just thinking off the top of my head the first thing I can thing of regarding this is when I was laying in bed praying and thinking of how awful man-made gods are (Zeus, Odin, etc.) and how vastly different the One True God is. Our God is not just some powerful being, and not one who acts like a spoiled brat, but rather one who is and acts like a loving Heavenly Father.

Christ points out that human parents know how to give their children good things to eat and they care for them and that our Heavenly Father does the same and more.

The Word of God repeatedly tells us that God wants to show Himself mighty on our behalf, that He longs to hear what we have need of and He desires to give us what we need and He promises to always provide for our needs. Imagine how we are when our young child comes to us asking for a cookie and we are pleased to give them one and see their joy. A very small and imperfect example of how our Heavenly Father loves for us to come to Him for everything and of His joy in providing for us.

• Members

Do you know that is possible?

For years I could picture God as the Almighty King on the throne but never really saw Him so much as my Heavenly Father. The New Testament is filled with words pointing us to see God as Father. "Our Father which art in heaven..." being one of the most famous, yet often least understood.