• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Questions Only

• Members

Do you know I watched a non-religious program today and in the last story they told of a cop whose little daughter begged him one day to wear his bullet proof vest? He argued that he was already dressed, but she persisted and he finally put it on. She insisted that he really needed to wear it that day even though he said he had nothing dangerous to do that day.

On his first assignment, which was to help mental health officials get a 70-something year old man to go to the hospital, he was shot. Once in the arm, and two bullets to the center of his chest. The bullet proof vest saved his life as it deflected the bullets from a fairly close range .45!

The cop had the dispatcher call his wife so she wouldn't hear about it on the news. She left her job and went and picked up their little daughter at school. The little girl, without being told anything (which the mom didn't know anything other than her husband had been shot), asked her if daddys arms were okay.

At hospital, the mother and daughter found out those deflected bullets went into his arms.

Later, when the little daughter was asked about all this, she told them an angel had appeared to her and told her to beg her dad to wear his bullet proof vest. Later, in the schoolyard she said the angel returned and told her her daddys arms were hurt but he would okay.

Can you believe that was the first and only time this child ever claimed to have seen an angel?

• Members

Would you believe that I am surprised that the New Agers have not talked that family into believing their daughter is "child of light" or something?

I do believe that God uses angels and people to send messages to us. This is but one instance of that. Didn't an angel of the Lord tell Mary and Joseph to flee?

• Members

Did you know it is one of my favorites too?

Psalm 91

1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

• Members

Did you know that my husband preached from Psalms 139 at our recent fellowship meetings and it blessed my heart?

A Psalm of David. O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful