• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

I agree, it does seem like the devil has gotten ahold of this board again. Some people seem to gotta have some sort of conflict in their lives just to keep things from being "boring."

What would be a glorify topoic for us to discuss here?

I have been planting flower beds in my yard, and I can hardly wait to see all of the pretty plants and glorious blooms to grow! My yard is very tiny, too tiny for a "victory garden" but I have been considering growing some tomato plants in containers, just to have vine-ripened maters for my sandwiches and salads.

• Members

I remember when I was a kid we used to have a wonderful vegetable garden. One morning I woke up to go to school, and we found the pigs in the garden digging up all the vegetables. Needless to say, we stopped having a garden after that. My father now does grow tomatoes in a pot, which he gets a few good ones off of.

Someday I hope to have a yard where I can have a big garden. My grandmother had the best one I had ever seen. Well it was the best one till I had to go weed it. There are times when I will be walking through a grocery store, and stop in my tracks because I can smell the freshness of the produce section, and think back to Grams garden. I still love the smell.

Some say it is just the smell of dirt, but to me it is so much more than that. It is a memory!!!

• Members

My cousin and I took a job doing strawberry picking for a company, but we ate way too many that they asked us not to return the next day. We picked and ate the biggest ones, and put the smallest ones in the box.

By the end of the day, we were calling them anything but strawberries. It was a fun day, though we both ended up sick.