• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

Lol John, just this morning I told my husband that I didn't fit in with the Americans, and the Australians think I have betrayed them. I guess the best word to describe it is MISFIT. (But then again, I always was a misfit).

Katy-Anne

• Members

No I don't thik so. It did not help though. We were winning at half time by 10 but the third quarter the other team seemed to have just gotten it together. and there center was a jerk. Not trying to be mean but her was running his mouth like no Christian should and I will admit I let it get to my head and start aggravating me.

• Members

You are right on both counts Kevin. We are to be a "peculiar people" and that would mean we would be misfits!

It's a shame some professing Christians can't play sports in a sportsmanlike manner. It can take a lot not to eventually let someone like that become a distraction.

However, sometimes losing a game is a good thing. It causes the team to pull together and come out better next time. I've seen teams get too complacent because they were winning so much and then they got beat and it really hit them hard and the next game they came out and really worked.