• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

John, your comment in the Free Association thread made me think of something:

My dad, who is catholic, went to a local catholic church festival last night. He told my mom to "call on your way home from Reformers to see if I need a ride home." So my mom decides to ask him, "Don't you think it's odd that you're going to a church and you don't know if you'll be able to drive home." My dad responds with, "I'm not going to church, I'm only going on the property." and then left real quick. :roll:

• Members

Yep, that sounds familiar as I had a friend who was Catholic when I was growing up. He would say the church events weren't really church and there was nothing wrong with most of them getting drunk on the wine they served there.

Of course, this same friend would oftentimes get drunk on Saturday night and sleep off his hangover during Mass. :roll:

• Members

A friend and I had some good success at university winning Catholics to Christ.

The ones we had the best success with were those who thought they were sincerely okay with God because they were Catholic, and wanted to be okay with God, but had never heard the true Gospel before.

Once we showed these folks where the Bible is clearly different from Catholic teaching they wanted to get right with God.

We had a Bible study each night back then and we would bring them into our Bible study immediately so they could start learning the Word of God for themselves.

That was a great time in my life and all the glory goes to God for the "success" was His as we were only His servants.