• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Administrators

I am always amazed that people refer to places like Oakland as, "Northern California". I do know that it is always called Northern California because it is north of an imaginary central line. But I live in the real Northern California, about forty miles from a small place called Yreka. Yreka is about 20 miles from the Oregon border. Population 7,500.

I live very rural, or even isolated. My nearest neighbor is five miles away. Temperatures here at this time of year drop into the low thirties at night and run about sixty to seventy in the day, if it is sunny.

• Members

I don't know . . . everyone here refers to Oakland as Northern California -- so I refer to my place of residence as located in Northern California as to not CONFUSE others. If I tell someone out of state that I DON'T live in Northern California, but rather I live in Oakland . . . it will only cause them confusion -- and I'm not about that.

• Administrators

We don't have much humidity to speak of Rosie. That's because we are inland and there is high desert all around. The valley we live in is very lush and green because it contains a large river and winters have a lot of rain.

I have lived on both coasts in Florida and the humidity there is very high.

• Members

That is not my home. My place is a modest cottage that's similar in style to that -- only not as big as that house (about 1/4 a block from that house). That house has three floors and is occupied by at least 12 people who are all tenants renting the place out. It looks nice on the outside but I've seen the inside and it's a mess, and some exterior parts of the house on the backside are dilapidated because the Landlord does not keep up with its much needed renovating. I may live in a modest cottage . . . but from being once homeless, it is a step up. I feel like I'm living in paradise! :D