• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Yep, I know what you mean. I've been among some of those folks, pretty good friends with a couple. Like you say, no matter what, that "blood is thicker than water" sayin' holds very true. There is always that bit of "reserve" or something there that lets one know that while you might be a great friend, you just ain't family.

• Members

But only for a very short while...

What will determine the winner in the end will be when this thread ultimately plays out. I think this may be a Guiness Record for most posts on a thread! Have you ever been on a message board that had more pages than this one does???? Anyone seen one longer than 373 pages????

:tease: HOORAY FOR ME! I WIN AGAIN! :tease:

• Members

Now that was a really nice article! It reminds me of the first time I ever danced a Virginia Reel ...I practiced for weeks before the ball. Then when it came time to dance I wound up dancing arm and arm with a Confederate Calvary Officer who got the heel of his riding boot caught in the bottom rung of my homemade hoopskirt. For those who do not know a Virginia Reel is a bit like a square dance - you dance with several partners all at the same time...anyways he tripped and I nearly killed myself when the hoop got away from me, flipped my daydress over my head, and I landed smack dab on my bloomers and petticoats! The ground shook I fell so hard! Everyone stopped playing the music, I stood up, readjusted the monster that was my hoopskirt, and with a smile we continued the Reel. We called that night the "Black and Blue Ball" instead of the Blue and Grey Ball... :lol: