• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Sorry to hear about that!

Was it as bad as that guy in Florida who was driving down Alligator Alley, got hit by a truck, when he tried to stop his brakes failed, he plunged into the gator filled canal, his glasses flew off and he's legally blind without them, but he managed to swim to safety?

Anyway, let's hope our tomorrows are always better than our todays!

• Members

That guys problem was that he was driving too fast - ya gotta drive real slowly and give the gators a chance to move off the road - then none of that would have happened.

My no good day had to do with being put "on probation" at work even though I have done not one thing wrong. I am working very dilligently as much as 10 to 12 hours per day and now this! I am walking by faith and I refuse to live in fear!

• Members

Amen IM! Keep on, keepin' on.

Oh so many moons ago when I was young and working at K-Mart I found myself temporarily having to perform the morning janitorial duties because the guy left without notice. This entailed cleaning up the parking lot and washing the windows in front of the store; then I went back to my regular duties.

Anyway, they had a broken handled squeegy for me to use and they refused to supply non-freezing cleaner. That meant it took much longer to clean the windows than it should have, plus on the cold mornings they couldn't be cleaned at all because the water would freeze to the windows.

So, despite my best efforts with faulty supplies, I was called back to the supervisors office and told I was being put on probation for not meeting K-Mart standards!

Now I don't mind getting in trouble if I'm at fault, but NOT when I'm not at fault!

Anyway, that quickly let me know I didn't want a career in K-Mart. :mrgreen:

• Members

I wasn't put on probation but I am handing in my notice Sat is my last day. They told me I could have Sundays off when they first hired me but they scheduled me to work anyway, so I told them that I wouldn't be able to come in. They told me that was fine, but when I got to work today they had a notice possted that All employes would get one weekend a month off, then went on to say a whole bunch of other things and at the bottom put "this would be for Jessica" and made everyone sign it. So :roll:

Hi