• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

We were surrounded by toads this morning! On the back screen door there was a small toad on the screen. I've never seen a toad do that before.

On the front porch there was a small toad and then a tiny toad jumped onto the porch, climbed up my son's bike tire, jumped over to a trash can lid and just sat there.

• Members

When I was a kid there was (what we called) a frog pond just a block south of where I live today. A friend and I used to play around there and watch all the tadpoles and then all the frogs. There was some old train cars by there and we made a little club house in one of them.

That's all gone now. The whole place was cleared out and now there is a grain elevator business there.

• Administrators

We were given a partial set of china to sell in thanks for watching over someone's house.  Well, it won't go on ebay because of the weight; the resale shop won't take it because it won't sell...she suggested selling it by piece on Craigslist.  Not going to do that - too much time we don't have.  So, we're donating it to AMVets.  Hopefully someone will buy it in their stores and it will benefit veterans at least, since it's done nothing for us other than take up space.  :eye:

• Members

One year we had the opportunity to get a whole pallet of forzen turkey's so we took them figuring charitible food places would want them to give out since it was near Thanksgiving and Christmas. We were only able to give away a few of them because none of the places we contacted had much freezer space. We gave away what we could, filled our deep freeze with the rest (thankfully we have a very big deep freeze!) and had turkey for a long time after that.

• Administrators

Oh, wow!  My hubby works with a woman whose hubby drives a truck. There've been a few times the truck hasn't been able to deliver its cargo for one reason or another. First time it was suave hair products - that got given away in double quick time.  Then apples.  The store refused the load because they ordered one size and this was another.  The entire load!  We were able to get a bunch, bunch, bunch and pass them out. I also was able to can a number of jars of apple butter.  And our church was able to come and get a number of pallets to give out to church members and to folks on the bus routes.  Those apples went a long way.

The last load was lettuce.  A LOT of lettuce. We ate what we could, gave away bags and bags of it. The church got a number of cases and gave away what they could.  Sadly, because it doesn't last that long, a good bit of it went to waste.  :blink: