• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Early this morning the weatherman said mostly sunny in the morning, sunny in the afternoon, only about a 10% chance of an isolated shower around 11 am.

What we got was rain starting a little after 8:30 and just ended a little before 11. Now the sun is trying to show itself a little. If the sun does come out, it will get hot and humid fast.

• Members

ThePilgrim is 200 miles north of me and may get more snow, but I am in southern Oregon and only 500 ft elevation, so very rarely see snow and when we do it is usually a light dusting that is gone by noon.

In fact, snow in Portland is dependent upon whether I need to take a winter flight out of PDX.  It snows and the airport is shut down if I have to fly.

Edited by 2bLikeJesus

• Members

Sounds like my Dad and doctor appointments in the winter. It seems whenever he has an appointment during the winter some kind of weather event will come up. One winter a blizzard rolled in but he was determined to go so we made the 30 mile drive there in a nasty blizzard. The nurse said my Dad was the only person that day which didn't cancel their appointment. Then we had a 30 mile drive home in even worse conditions.

• Members

ThePilgrim is 200 miles north of me and may get more snow, but I am in southern Oregon and only 500 ft elevation, so very rarely see snow and when we do it is usually a light dusting that is gone by noon.

In fact, snow in Portland is dependent upon whether I need to take a winter flight out of PDX.  It snows and the airport is shut down if I have to fly.

We don't get much snow here either  . . . . don't think we got any last year.  We can get ice though when the East wind blows down the Columbia river gorge and meets rain coming from the west.  Can get real icy.

• Members

Winter in Perth, Western Australia
32 to 75 - never snows, 3 days a year with fog, gone before 10am; rarely drizzles - I never take an umbrella anywhere with me because it rarely rains constantly all day.
Summer - lows of about 80 at summer peak, highs of 100, three humid days a year.
In fact our winters sound a lot like someone's description of summer from earlier - lovely temps, clear skies, cool nights.

Summer is a bit warm, but generally the weather in this place is about as good as it gets - specially as our beaches are beautiful white, fine sand. Some of the best beaches in the world here, and the weather to use them.

• Members

It can "rain" all day/week/month/season here, but the only ones who carry umbrellas in Oregon are tourists, Californian's, or wimps.  Rain here typically is a very light misting, little more than a heavy fog, so you can walk around in it for an hour and the only thing that it will do to you is wreck your hair.  Hats and head scarfs are popular here during the rainy seasons (Oct - May).