• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Moderators

I've never been on this thread before. Is it a kind of forum-within-a-thread, or is it a chat about the weather that's lasted for 1,167 posts? ;)

Lol!  1167 pages, if you please. 23,331 posts. Wow!

BTW... you've been here for almost 7 years, and you've never been in this thread?!? Wow again.   :frog:

• Members

I noticed Warren followed the path many others before him have followed. While not as sound as it should be, his earlier work is more biblically sound, but as he gained in popularity and obviously craved the attention (especially being called "America's pastor", not what Billy Graham is retired) his books took on more and more of a "social gospel" aspect, which isn't what Scripture teaches, but is something the world likes and something many Christians fall for.

• Members

Yes, it's awesome, awesomely watered down! Rick Warren is spot on trying to appease the world while trying to be a Christian leader.

May the one become dusty and the other set his feet firmly on the narrow path, not caring for worldly acceptance.

Amen!!! From your lips to God's ear!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Administrators

Anyone who posts after me thinks the New Living Translation is awesome and Rick Warren is spot on.

Yes, it's awesome, awesomely watered down! Rick Warren is spot on trying to appease the world while trying to be a Christian leader.

May the one become dusty and the other set his feet firmly on the narrow path, not caring for worldly acceptance.

I guess John81 neatly turned it, eh, Song?  :nuts: