• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Some say laughter is the best medicine...unless, of course, one is throwing up, and then it's just more messy :vomit:

I gotta say John.......
THAT is a disgusting picture that you have now put in my mind........ :D

• Administrators

Oh, yes!  Winter has come early.  My mom was telling me their nights are down in the 20s. I told her our days are!  It's January weather here.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr...................So thankful for heat, winter coats, gloves, and a warm granddogger.    :clapping:

• Members

We've had rain, we've had some ice, not near as much as many places, the high today has been 35º, about 5 hours ago it was 33º, presently 34º, I believe its suppose to be up in the 40's tomorrow, & I doing everything possible to send this stuff over towards you know who so some warmer weather will descend upon us!

Wow, this will not help my heating bill!

• Members

Electric blanket!

Linda & I got a electric blanket in our wedding shower, & it came in handy year later though we had never used it.

We were living in a trailer house not far off base, & one night we woke up very cold. I had never been around central heating units, but when I looked at it the pilot light was off. I kept lighting the pilot light, them when I let go of the button it would go off.

I finally gave up & we got the electric blanket out put it on our bed them climbed back in bed. The next morning when we woke the ground was covered in snow, snow everywhere, the temp was below 32.

I went back to the central heat unit trying to light the pilot light, it stayed on, & we had heat. In a little bit I found out what happened. The temp had fell very fast, & the demand for natural gas went up, & there was not enough gas pressure on the line to provide the gas that was needed. Sometime after I had tried lighting out pilot light the gas company because aware & had turned the gas pressure up so there would be enough gas. I believe they do this automatically today, & not as in yesterday years, a man had to get up them go out to the regulator turning it up.

That's the only time we ever used an electric blanket, it sure felt good that one morning back in early 1969!