• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Administrators

Praise ye the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.

Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.

Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.

Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.

Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.   Psalm 150.  

What a beautiful day it is today!

• Members

What a great way to truly be thankful! It can be so easy to not praise our Lord, sometimes without even realizing it. That's why I try to be sure to take inventory of my days and my prayers so I can catch myself if I'm slipping (and looking at other areas too!).

"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

• Administrators

Amen.  I'm not usually an optimistic person, so need to be reminded at times to praise Him.  And I was thinking about that same verse when I was posting earlier (this is the day).

When our son was in school, he rode his bike until we moved a bit further away (and he had a trombone...couldn't carry that on a bike across town!).  I began taking him to school.  We would sing that verse every day, along with "Rejoice in the Lord, alway, and again, I say rejoice."  He's not usually an optimist, either, and he needed reminding...especially on the way to school.  :ROFL:

• Members

I'm optimistic, every day is a pretty day, some days are just not as pretty as others, & other days are prettier than other days, yet they're all pretty!

Once there was a song that had words something like this,  "Its such a pretty day, look at the sunshine, & every day been pretty since I met You."

And if the You that has been met is Christ them every day is a pretty day. Of course the worldly song was not referring to Christ!

¶ My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.  The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever. Psalm 22:25,26

Oh how the future looks so much brighter than the past, yet so may say the best has passed us by.

• Members

Would it not be nice if everyone had met Christ & truly been enlightened by Him. Yet one day we will be in  'Wonderful Place' surrounded only by people who have been truly enlighten by Him. I cannot imagine how that will feel, yet surely it will be rated up there with the 'wonderful feeling' we've experienced the moment we were saved.

No wonder Paul said, "to die is gain," Philippians 1:21.

• Members

Want be long, I say that because right now its quite clear some of the Baptist Churches, our brothers & sisters in Christ are falling away.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-10

1 ¶ Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 ¶ Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

My sermons last Sunday morning was, "Is the Falling Away Happening Before Our Very Eyes," I firmly believe it is, for its a fact that today many of our Baptist Churches have totally forsaken the distinetives that the early churches held to, that Jesus & the apostles taught them to hold fast to, & are very busy trying to get others to forsake those teachings as well. If you defend those distinetives they will nearly treat you as if your their # 1 public enemy.