• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

We used to have an old breeders coop on our back lot and when I went to the tax board about my taxes being jumped there was an old guy on the board that continually wanted to argue with me about that. For some reason he kept telling me I had a big shed on my back lot when I told him it was just an old, small breeders coop.

When they got the map out and I pointed out to him how small it was he kept pointing to where there had been a large back porch on the house years ago, before I even owned the house. For some reason this guy kept insisting what was obviously the old porch on the back of the house (which no longer existed) was a big shed on the back lot!

Thankfully, another board member finally got tired of the back and forth and spoke up, pointing out that her mom lived near me and she knew my house and property well. She confirmed everything I said and the old guy made some huffy sounds and never said another word.

The tax hike they had put on my place was done away with.

• Members

The leaves on our tree turned early this year. I also noted the robins started thinning out early too. I really hope this isn't a sign of an early and bad winter.

I noted last week that some schools were closed due to the heat and some let out early. Most of them were in the northern plains where they don't have A/C and were hit with that recent heat wave. When I was in school it didn't matter how hot it was, we had school. The classrooms had one fan and most often the teacher had the fan pointing at their desk. There were never any notes sent home with students telling the parents to send water with their children or telling them there would be no school.

How did any of us ever survive before all these "experts" determined students can't sit in a hot classroom, ride a bike without a helmet, roller skate without knee pads, elbow pads and a helmet, play in the creek, go hunting and fishing, have a pocket knife, play outside, play tag, play cops and robbers or cowboys and Indians, play with toy soldiers, and on and on?

The good old days are forever gone, & now we are nothing but softies.

• Members

We used to have an old breeders coop on our back lot and when I went to the tax board about my taxes being jumped there was an old guy on the board that continually wanted to argue with me about that. For some reason he kept telling me I had a big shed on my back lot when I told him it was just an old, small breeders coop.

When they got the map out and I pointed out to him how small it was he kept pointing to where there had been a large back porch on the house years ago, before I even owned the house. For some reason this guy kept insisting what was obviously the old porch on the back of the house (which no longer existed) was a big shed on the back lot!

Thankfully, another board member finally got tired of the back and forth and spoke up, pointing out that her mom lived near me and she knew my house and property well. She confirmed everything I said and the old guy made some huffy sounds and never said another word.

The tax hike they had put on my place was done away with.

John, they've got to have every cent they can squeeze out of you, they have to have money to spend & the only money they have is taken from the citizens.

• Members

I think this is part of the reason they are trying to turn everyone into softy wimps. The more they can do this with the children, the more easy to manipulate when they get older. This lets them raise taxes, wage wars, spy upon us and defy the Constitution and the people go along with it.

I'm so thankful this is all temporary and we have a better home to go to.