• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Our God still works miracles!

We stopped by the doctors office after my wife's physical therapy yesterday to see if they could push back her going back to work. The doctor said no, she must go back on 8-29. One of my wife's physical therapists took a stand and pressed her view that my wife should not be returning to work so soon. Eventually, at the end of the day yesterday, the doctor agreed to give my wife one more week off. That was good news!

Yet there was some surprising news to come. When my wife called the workman's comp lady and told her about the extension, how she was doing and told her when her first post-op appointment with the doctor is, the workman's comp lady told her to not only take that other week, but to also take another week and a day off!! My wife now doesn't have to go back to work any sooner than 9-16!!!

Everyone said it was impossible that my wife would get more than one week off. They all said the doctor would never approve it and workman's comp would be even worse to talk to. They seem to have not considered what God can do!

Our God is able to do abundantly more than we hope and pray for!

That's fabulous news!!  Our GOD is definitely able to do what man believes to be impossible!!!   :godisgood:

• Members

Last week I was out to our local Value Village (second hand store).....by the way, I love these stores, so many useful items that can be re-purposed,  re-cycled and re-used!!  Anyway, I was in the electronics department where I found a Sony blue ray player for $24.99.  I wasn't a 100% sure it was working but decided to purchase it anyway because the tag didn't state no return on it, so I knew it could be returned if I needed too.  The price was fair but the best part was I had a 30% off coupon so that made the deal even better.  It didn't have the remote with it, however once home I hooked it up and manually pressed the buttons to test it out.  It worked like a charm, so I visited E-Bay and put in the Sony brand and model number to locate a remote for it.  I found a new remote for $13.50 which included free shipping.  The remote arrived today and I just finished setting everything up....it functions amazingly and I am happy to say for approximately $30.00 we have a great DVD player which can also play Blue Ray Disc's as well.   :godisgood:

• Members

Love finding great deals! I used to find some great deals at yard sales but these days there are so many "professional" yardsalers that hit the sales early and quickly it makes it more difficult to find the really great deals, but there are still some good ones at hand.