• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Is there any such thing as a last post in this thread?

I've yet to see a last post in this topic, its the one that keeps on going, & going & ............................................................................ ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ & you know going forever.

• Members

Sorta like the song that never ends..... it just goes on and on my friends....
Some people started singing it not knowing what it was....
now they keep on singing it forever just because...
this is the song that never ends...

it just goes on and on my friends....

it just goes on and on my friends....
:D

• Members

Reminds me of some churches I've visited where they sing "come to Jesus" over and over again until someone comes forward, even if that means repeating the song for 20 or more minutes until someone, anyone, gets up and walks to the front.

:o is it just me, or does that seem a bit presumptuous?  What would happen if no one came forward?  Just seems like an awkward moment in the making...too much pressure for most people, I am thinking!

• Administrators

My parents went to a church where the preacher liked to speak...long.  My Dad used to say the preacher would preach 'em into it and then preach 'em out of it, and then the invitation went on interminably!  (oh, and there were less than 20 in the services usually...)

• Members

:o is it just me, or does that seem a bit presumptuous?  What would happen if no one came forward?  Just seems like an awkward moment in the making...too much pressure for most people, I am thinking!

In the services I was in where this occurred eventually someone from the congregation would go forward just to get the whole thing to come to an end. This wasn't a new convert, just a member ready to have the service ended.

I have often wondered just how long they would continue to sing and ask for someone to come forward if no one did.

• Members

Preconceived notions that people have conjured up in their minds is probably one of the biggest factors holding them back from stepping out in faith.  I know at one time prior to accepting Christ, I thought I had to be perfect, and in my heart I knew I couldn't be 100% all the time.  I thought, oh man if I do this and I fail I am really gonna be doomed......it took me some time to finally understand, that it wasn't about what I could do, but what Jesus had already did for me.  I was so accustomed to living my life, taking control of everything in it that I took HIM for granted.  Yes I believed in GOD, but I did not have a relationship with HIM until I finally realized it wasn't about me but rather me putting my faith in HIM.   :rolleyes:

Hebrews 11:1

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.