• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Hey, HC, if one was to spend some time sight seeing in Chicago, what would you recommend going to see? Particularly historical sites.

Walk or drive the streets & see if you see any mobsters out doing business as usual, you might even see them shooting one another with their machine guns.

• Members

Walk or drive the streets & see if you see any mobsters out doing business as usual, you might even see them shooting one another with their machine guns.

There is a major street gang war over who will control the illegal drug trade going on in part of Chicago. Many shootings and deaths, even of children, but we don't see black "leaders" trying to do something about this.

• Administrators

There is a major street gang war over who will control the illegal drug trade going on in part of Chicago. Many shootings and deaths, even of children, but we don't see black "leaders" trying to do something about this.

Yeah, John, I raised that point with someone who was mad at me because I called Trayvon Martin a thug.  Why all the blather about him, and yet silence on what's going on in Chicago, with thugs killing innocents. She, of course, accused me of prejudging because how could I know they were thugs. I told her I live near there (she actually knew that) and I read and listen.  When someone points a gun out of a car and pulls the trigger just to kill, that someone is a thug. Or if they kill for the joy of it, they are thugs.  But too many people don't get that.  

• Members

Did anyone see that "Reverend" Al Sharpton is now calling for marches because of that "racism" in Florida which left the "poor black child" dead when he was only trying to walk home with some candy?

On the same news broadcast they showed Stevie Wonder saying he wouldn't perform in Florida again unless they repeal the Stand Your Ground law; which ironically wasn't even factor in the Martin/Zimmerman case.

Also, Bruce Springsteen raised the issue siding with the race baiters, as did Hillary Clinton who knows she will need the support of the NAACP if she runs for president.

Ironically, super liberal former president Jimmy Carter came out and said the jury made the right decision because the facts of the case were obvious.

Out of all those, a former president, a race hustler, a politician trying to shore up her base, and two multi-millionaire "entertainers", guess which one the media is trying to ignore?

• Members

Did anyone see that "Reverend" Al Sharpton is now calling for marches because of that "racism" in Florida which left the "poor black child" dead when he was only trying to walk home with some candy?

On the same news broadcast they showed Stevie Wonder saying he wouldn't perform in Florida again unless they repeal the Stand Your Ground law; which ironically wasn't even factor in the Martin/Zimmerman case.

Also, Bruce Springsteen raised the issue siding with the race baiters, as did Hillary Clinton who knows she will need the support of the NAACP if she runs for president.

Ironically, super liberal former president Jimmy Carter came out and said the jury made the right decision because the facts of the case were obvious.

Out of all those, a former president, a race hustler, a politician trying to shore up her base, and two multi-millionaire "entertainers", guess which one the media is trying to ignore?

Seems its the congressman that's putting forth & spreading racism.

• Administrators

Later it was 83º & 95% humidity, that was about 1 to 2 hours before dark. Just standing outside you would break out  sweating.

It went up here, too. My hubby and I took Bella for a walk after we got back from visiting the nursing home and I had to go in because I got so lightheaded from not being able to catch my breath well...

John - it's supposed to cool down here, too, and be in the 80s.  Hopefully the humidity will drop, too, and then it will be more comfortable.