• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Same with me. I picked my date up at her house, spending a little time talking with her parents before we left and making sure I knew what time she was to be home; and then making sure I had her home on time.

We have neighbors just to the south of us who have a daughter in high school and I cringe when her date pulls up in front of the house and honks his horn. If she isn't out to the car quickly he honks a couple more times until she comes running out of the house to his car. It takes a lot of self-control not to go have a talk with the boy. I can still remember my Mom telling me that was something I was NEVER to do and her telling me how disrespectful that is.

There were some that way in the 60's, boys would honk their horn, & the girl would come out, but I never did date them. I was scared of them!

• Members

My granddaughter calls corn on the cob "fixed" corn!

No doubt, when corn of the cob is fixed by the wife, its fixed corn! In the south we do all kinds of fixing!

I'm fixing to go to bed here in a bit, I suppose I'll be fixing sleeping! Them in a few hours I'm fixing to get up! I don't know what I'm fixing to do when I get up, perhaps I might fix some coffee, & when its made the wife & I are fixing to drink a cup.  

:coffee:

• Administrators

Level orange ozone alert today due to the high humidity (that means that older folks, people  with respiratory issues, etc. should not be spending much time outside).  So glad I don't have to be outside much in it.  Just walking this morning was rough on the old lungs, and the humidity hadn't even started getting up there yet.  Yesterday was bad, but today and the next two days are supposed to be worse.  Ugh.  C'est la Vie...

• Administrators

Hey, HC, if one was to spend some time sight seeing in Chicago, what would you recommend going to see? Particularly historical sites.

You know, I am close to Chicago, but I stay away from it... :coverlaugh:  

I know a lot of people like the Museum of Science and Industry. The Art Museum is nice, too. And then there's the Field Museum.  I know a lot of people just enjoy walking around the downtown area, which takes a good while.  Wacker Dr., Michigan Ave., Randolph St. are all part of The Loop and there are a number of buildings and architecture to see.

Of course, if you're coming to the Chicago area, you could travel an hour east and come visit the Westchester Township History Museum.  I could be your guide.   :clap:   And we could visit the best Mexican restaurant around.