• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Yes, with little instructions from their parents & probably many parents have no idea who they are with nor where they are.

Back in my dating days every girl I ever dated i went into the house, the parents talked with me, & asked where we were going & told me what time to have her home.

Believer it or not I said Yes Sir, & Yes Ma’am, & told them i would be sure to have her home on time, I always made sure that I did. I was scared not too!

• Members

If a potential employer who has a sign in his window saying "Equal Opportunity Employer" tells me that it is too late to apply for a job, can I get a lawyer involved?  After all, that is discrimination against procrastinators.

I don't know yet if everyone went out & tried to find a job there would be a great big shortage of jobs.

• Members

Yes, with little instructions from their parents & probably many parents have no idea who they are with nor where they are.

Back in my dating days every girl I ever dated i went into the house, the parents talked with me, & asked where we were going & told me what time to have her home.

Believer it or not I said Yes Sir, & Yes Ma’am, & told them i would be sure to have her home on time, I always made sure that I did. I was scared not too!

Same with me. I picked my date up at her house, spending a little time talking with her parents before we left and making sure I knew what time she was to be home; and then making sure I had her home on time.

We have neighbors just to the south of us who have a daughter in high school and I cringe when her date pulls up in front of the house and honks his horn. If she isn't out to the car quickly he honks a couple more times until she comes running out of the house to his car. It takes a lot of self-control not to go have a talk with the boy. I can still remember my Mom telling me that was something I was NEVER to do and her telling me how disrespectful that is.

• Administrators

Did anyone hear about the young boy who fell in a sink hole at Mount Badly?  That's a dune not too far from our house.  Family from IL was at the dunes (lots of tourists come our way every year) and at Mount Baldy.  He hit a sink hole; the family saw him in the hole just before sand caved in.  11 feet of sand fell on him, and then he fell some more.  It took quite a while to get him out, but they did it, and they took him to the hospital.  He's going to be okay!  Praise the Lord, it is a real miracle that boy didn't suffocate after three hours buried in the sand!

• Members

Did anyone hear about the young boy who fell in a sink hole at Mount Badly?  That's a dune not too far from our house.  Family from IL was at the dunes (lots of tourists come our way every year) and at Mount Baldy.  He hit a sink hole; the family saw him in the hole just before sand caved in.  11 feet of sand fell on him, and then he fell some more.  It took quite a while to get him out, but they did it, and they took him to the hospital.  He's going to be okay!  Praise the Lord, it is a real miracle that boy didn't suffocate after three hours buried in the sand!

Yes, I saw that story and immediately praised God for His protection of that boy. They said "somehow" an air pocket formed around the boy or he couldn't have survived.

• Members

The biggest worry in that situation is not so much sand in the lungs as the sand collapsing around you chest every time you breath out, which makes it harder to expand your chest to breath in, much like a python does to the animal it wraps around.
You actually suffocate due to not being able to breath in.

Praise God for His protection.

• Administrators

The biggest worry in that situation is not so much sand in the lungs as the sand collapsing around you chest every time you breath out, which makes it harder to expand your chest to breath in, much like a python does to the animal it wraps around.
You actually suffocate due to not being able to breath in.

Praise God for His protection.

Amen!