• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

I've been to Indiana, & other norther states delivering loads & loading loads, summer is much nicer up there than down here. But I sure would not want to live up there. 

:smug:

I'm 100% Southern.

I might add to what you said, & what John said, when your setting in a place basking in the heat, & looking at a place where snow is on the ground, it can be appealing. 

• Administrators

I've been to Indiana, & other norther states delivering loads & loading loads, summer is much nicer up there than down here. But I sure would not want to live up there. 

:smug:

I'm 100% Southern.

I might add to what you said, & what John said, when your setting in a place basking in the heat, & looking at a place where snow is on the ground, it can be appealing. 

Except that summer is not nice here in this area at all.  Too many people don't realize it because they automatically assume it's like the rest of Indiana or other northern states. It isn't.  And I don't blame you for not wanting to live up here!  :icon_smile:

I do love a winter scene.  Snow in reality not so much.  :biggrin:

• Members

Ouch! Wonder what you popped?

I was running up my stairs Monday, and fell quite heavily. While falling, I thrust my arms out to try to catch myself, and managed to scrape the bottom of my lower forearm along the little metal thingy that holds up the handrail (on the bottom of the handrail). Don't know how I did it, but I scraped that thing so hard that, although I didn't break any skin (just a nice long scrape), I managed to actually break the metal thingy in pieces. Got a humdinger of a black bruise showing up now...

You shall have to get your coordination put back together, ones body can't stand much of that.

• Members

Except that summer is not nice here in this area at all.  Too many people don't realize it because they automatically assume it's like the rest of Indiana or other northern states. It isn't.  And I don't blame you for not wanting to live up here!  :icon_smile:

I do love a winter scene.  Snow in reality not so much.  :biggrin:

Snow is good, that is as long as you get that nice snow, you know, here today & gone tomorrow!  :clapping:

Edited by JerryNumbers

• Administrators

Ah, beautiful day!  I walked out of work yesterday and the humidity was gone - without a thunderstorm!  And this morning, it's still quite low.  So lovely.  Supposed to be that way for a couple of days.  

I think my hubby having to drive in snow was what made me like it so much less!  And, Jerry, I totally agree - the best snow is here today, gone tomorrow!

• Members

Heat and humidity are lower here today so this is the day to mow. My toe is feeling better. Dark purple around where it bent backward, somewhat black a little farther down the toe, but not really swollen. So far it's not bothering me walking around the house, but it did smart when I put my pants on and my boots. After I walk down to my Dad's I'll decide if I'm going to do some push mowing today or if it will all be done by rider. Thinking of trimming some trees on the property line that are hanging all over my side making mowing difficult along there. The people who used to live there trimmed their trees and bushes but the ones who live there now don't.

I woke up praising God my toe felt better and thanking Him for the nice weather today.