• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Administrators

The grass now pops & crackles as you walk across it.

That is one benefit of high humidity...the dew is thick, so even if it doesn't rain, the grass stays green and non-crispy. There have been years, though, where the humidity hasn't been high and our grass popped and crackled.   Now, if your grass starts to snap, you might have rice krispies! (grass krispies... :nuts: )

• Members

When an area is as humid as NWI gets, clouds don't help.  They actually make it worse.  Both indoors and outdoors.  It also makes the pool REALLY cold at first (body temp being higher)!  :flip:

If you want some real humidity come south, we will gladly share. I feel sure John would be willing to share too.

• Administrators

If you want some real humidity come south, we will gladly share. I feel sure John would be willing to share too.

Oh, thanks - I've lived in the south - FL and OK (WV, too, but that's not really south...although humid [kind of like OH]).  I guarantee we have major humidity - believe me, I know what real humidity is.  :wink

• Members

Perth suffers from humidity.......
about 4 days a year. ;)
Ours is a dry heat really which I find far nicer than humidity, although when it is in the high 30's (°C) -that's Into low 100's for you lot - its just hot.

But right now it's winter here and days are sitting around mid teens °C.

• Members

Yep I agree.
The far north of our country gets the humidity and when I have been up there I just sweat constantly.... it is just so uncomfortable even when it is not really high temps.
I would love to see Alaska, but I suspect that Alaskan cold is a little less comfortable Than Perth cold.... :D

• Members

Were I super wealthy I think I would like a summer home in Alaska and a winter home in Florida.

If I was wealthy I would live right here. It home to me & there's nothing like home! Except for my permanent home which will be in Heaven which I'm looking forward to. They tell me it will be very comfortable.

• Members

Oh, thanks - I've lived in the south - FL and OK (WV, too, but that's not really south...although humid [kind of like OH]).  I guarantee we have major humidity - believe me, I know what real humidity is.  :wink

OK, what does this mean?

When an area is as humid as NWI gets

The worst humidity I ever experienced was Guam while in the Air Force. They had heat elements in our lockers to keep our clothes from mildewing.

• Members

Perth suffers from humidity.......
about 4 days a year. ;)
Ours is a dry heat really which I find far nicer than humidity, although when it is in the high 30's (°C) -that's Into low 100's for you lot - its just hot.

But right now it's winter here and days are sitting around mid teens °C.

Wow, you drive on the wrong side of the road & have winter at the wrong time too!