• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

I would rather deal with cold than excessive heat. With the cold, I can always put on another shirt or blanket, but with the heat there is only so much one can do, especially without air conditioning. In a few months it'll be hot again anyway and this cold will be forgotten.

• Members

Right now I can't get warm enough.....have some sort of bug. 5 blankets last night wasn't enough.

Even in the summer if I'm really sick it seems I can't get warm enough. Feeling so cold when we are sick seems to make it worse. The good thing is, usually if I'm feeling that way I end up sleeping a lot so I'm not as conscious of it all day.

I pray you get well soon and have a full, swift recovery.

• Members

Me to, glad I don't have to hike to the old house out back! Back in those days nearly every house had a beaten down trail to the outhouse in their backyard.

Of course back in the day I think many kept a slop jar handy in bad weather.  :face:  I remember having one in our house when growing up, but I don't remember it getting used for that purpose, the bottom was white enamel, the lid red enamel. Similar to this, only the lid was solid read.

• Members

Right now I can't get warm enough.....have some sort of bug. 5 blankets last night wasn't enough.

It used to be that the wife & I enjoyed about the same temp indoors year around. But as we get older that is no longer true.

In the winter she freezes me, in the summer, she freezes me.

During this winter on cold days it goes like this:

If she is gone for a while & comes back home she will say its burning up in here.

If I leave for a while & come back home I will say, its warmer outside than it is inside.

• Members

It used to be that the wife & I enjoyed about the same temp indoors year around. But as we get older that is no longer true.

If she is gone for a while & comes back home she will say its burning up in here.

If I leave for a while & come back home I will say, its warmer outside than it is inside.

My wife and I used to be drastic opposites, she being cold and me wanting to turn the air condition down in the summer.  She slowly stopped hormone replacement medicine last year and we are not as extremely different this winter.  Actually, she is now sometimes warmer than I overnight.

• Members

Me to, glad I don't have to hike to the old house out back! Back in those days nearly every house had a beaten down trail to the outhouse in their backyard.

Of course back in the day I think many kept a slop jar handy in bad weather.  :face:  I remember having one in our house when growing up, but I don't remember it getting used for that purpose, the bottom was white enamel, the lid red enamel. Similar to this, only the lid was solid read.

We got indoor plumbing when I was a little child. The old lady which lived nearest to us didn't have indoor plumbing and when her son offered to get that for her she turned it down. She lived close to 100 and used that little brown shack out back to her dying day. She used the well off her back porch for water.

• Members

My wife and I are just the opposite. She's always cold and I usually think it's too hot.

• Members

I would rather deal with cold than excessive heat. With the cold, I can always put on another shirt or blanket, but with the heat there is only so much one can do, especially without air conditioning. In a few months it'll be hot again anyway and this cold will be forgotten.

I agree with that, but I also realise that it is easy for me to say it when our winter only just gets below 0° c a few mornings a year, and snow and ice are unheard of here.
So we don't really ever get cold.

• Members

We got indoor plumbing when I was a little child. The old lady which lived nearest to us didn't have indoor plumbing and when her son offered to get that for her she turned it down. She lived close to 100 and used that little brown shack out back to her dying day. She used the well off her back porch for water.

Back in the 90's we had a neighbor that finally put in indoor plumbing along with a bathroom. The wife who was a bit over 90 became unable to go to the house outback.

I suppose they saved many dollars.

Oh, their well was also on their screened in back pouch, right outside the kitchen door.