• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

It seems lately that lovely pretty blue sky sunny wonderful enjoyable warm nice beautiful winter days only comes one at a time, but those other type seems to come in large batches.

Well, the "other type" that have been spoken of here lately never seem to happen here.....
We had a nice cool.change the other day, cloudy and only about 32° - celsius! I dunno, somewhere in the mid 90's?

I don't think snow has ever been recorded here, and in fact we had a sprinkle of rain last week for the first time in about 3 months.......

Any chance of locking the thread right now?

• Members

When it rains here the roads get very messy - mostly because people here have no idea on the roads. They either spend the whole time sliding the cars like hoons (hotrodders?) Or driving at half the speed limit because they are afraid.....

I would hate to see what would happen if it did snow here - carnage all over the road......

• Members

Our highways is loaded with bad drivers, always have been, its a wonder more people are not killed in wrecks than what they are.

Some who think they're above the law. Such as the woman that husband use to be the county judge & at that time she was high school principle. One Sunday morning we were headed to church going the speed limit of 55 MPH, I guess that was not fast enough for her, she passed us on a double yellow line going up a long steep hill. When we got to town about 4 & 1/2 miles down the highway to a stop sign where she turns right, & I to the left, I was right behind her, & I never got over 55 MPH. So she risked her life & mine to for no gain.

And those who are in a hurry, if they don't pass, they will stick to your bumper as if they've super glued to you, I hate tailgaters!

I recall several years back I was riding my motorcycle, I had just gone down a hill & about to top another one, I met two cars coming at me side by side, if not for a  good shoulder on the road it would have all been over for me.

When its raining, bad weather, it just waxes worse.

Today after all the thundering high wind, raining sideways,  it cleared off & the sun came out & it got right pretty, them before sunset it was completely cloudy over once again & the temp dropped some.

• Members

When it rains here the roads get very messy - mostly because people here have no idea on the roads. They either spend the whole time sliding the cars like hoons (hotrodders?) Or driving at half the speed limit because they are afraid.....

I would hate to see what would happen if it did snow here - carnage all over the road......

OH, just remember something. Back in about 78 or 79, while I was driving a truck cross country, late in December I left out going to California, & from Texarkana out way past Weathford, TX., I was traveling over solid ice. From the city limits of Dallas, to outside the city limits of Forth Worth, there was not a spot in the ditches, median, for anyone to slide into. There were cars & trucks setting in the ditches & medians. If you wanted a spot, you would have had called ahead & make reservations. I kid you not!

Going thru Dallas & Fort Worth going up a long grade a truck pulling double trailers pulled out ahead of me. I slacked off thinking that man is crazy pulling out here on solid ice pulling two trailers, & on a up hill grade. All of a sudden, that tractor, & two trailers, when every which way. I knew if I stopped, I would be there a very long time. I was glad I had slacked off from my 25 to 30 MPH, giving him plenty of space. Finally he stopped going every which way, & thankfully left me just enough space on the median side so that I could go around him without stopping. I them picked up my CB mic & said to him, "Man, if I had been pulling tow trailers like you, there is no way I would have left out." he told me, "I did not want to, but my boss said, you've got to try!" Wow I could not work for those people! My boss always told me, you make the decision to stop or go when you hit bad weather & bad roads, & what ever happens I will stand behind you.

About one to 2 weeks later coming from California, thru about the same area, it did it again, same way, the ditches & median filled up.

I kid you not, come spring time every wrecker company out that way had brand new shiny wreckers & there were more people into the wrecker business than ever. They made a killing that winter, along with the body shops.

We have ice every now & again, & people go nuts when it happens, & they keep the wreckers busy.