• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Hmm ... at the risk of being the newbie and being laughed right off this board, here goes ...

I think this post started in 2004 ... so is there still a contest?! : )

If so, and I'm the last poster, what's the prize? I'm getting a little excited here as I see posts re: 22s ... what about a Glock 45?! I use my husband's! My just turned 10yo daughter is a pretty good shot with a 410 and 22.

Since it appears to be random here, I guess I'll go in the direction of CCW ... our church has a few cops/sheriffs (two that offer CCW training in neighboring county) and this past summer the church offered for free classes to church members to become certified. All we had to do after training was pay the fee to get the license! I still find it interesting when people ask where we received our training and our reply is church. After a pause, we are asked what kind of church, and it seems to be even more stunning when we reply I.F. Baptists. I have actually had some people stare at me for a moment while trying to decide if I'm pulling their leg or not. This is usually a nice ice-breaker and I go for it! : )

BTW - not many pesky varmits around here much anymore, of course we live in the city limits ...

In Him ~
Sandi

The contest is over with, & long gone, yet it seems a few of us keeps it going, in fun, at times, & we never know what the next topic may be.

I have many pesky varmints, of course I live in rural America. I recall one day several years ago my neighbor, right across the highway, had cut his hay. I rode over there on my 4 wheeler just to take look. Skunks were everywhere. I came home & got my shotgun, I went back & shot every shell I had, 13 of them, killing 14 skunks.

I left right them & went to town, bought another box of shells, that afternoon I killed 18 more skunks.

From time to time we have skunks, possums, armadillos, & all sorts of varmints along with snakes that comes traveling though our yard.

And most any night we can hear at least one pack of coyotes, & when they’re doing their yelping, it makes you fear the dark.

Several years back early one morning I had just went though a gate going to my chicken houses & I had the feeling someone or something was watching me. I looked back around to my left & there stood a mangy looking coyote staring me right strait in my eyes. I had not gun, & really did not know what I should do, run, or put on a brave front. So, I just stood there, Looking him strait in the eyes, trying to show no fear. Finally, he turned & ran off, & I was totally relieved.

• Moderators

We had an election last night. The Conservative government of 41 years retained its majority position. Which would be good, except they're not so conservative any more. I would have preferred a greater representation of the new conservative Wildrose party. Oh well.

On a happier note, I made pie! :coffee2:

• Members

The other day on a Christian radio talk show, several that called in stated, "If it comes down between Mr. Obama & Mr Romney, them I cannot support either one of them," that I can respect, yet many elections in the past Christians have blindly supported men that were just as ungodly as theses two.

• Members

What's really bad right now is all those who were so outspoken against Romney early on, declaring no Christian should ever vote for a Mormon, talking about how any man who could fall for the false religion of Mormonism is unfit to be president and on and on, that are now coming out saying they will vote for Romney and urging others to do so.

• Members

This will be the best thing that has ever happened to the Mormon Church, the best public relations effort they have ever had, with Mr. Romney winning the republican nomination for president those Christians supporting Mr. Romney Mr. Romney are helping give the false Mormon faith credibility.

If he wins this election, that will give this false religion even more creditably. And everyone that votes for him is helping Mormons gain credibility in this nation.

• Members

Christian support of Mormon Glen Beck really helped pave the way for Romney to have a chance and now we see that even more Christians are jumping on the bandwagon of Mormons are Christians or the bandwagon of Mormonism is a good religion.

Scripture is clear that any nation that wants to know God's favor must turn to Him. That's not what we see most American Christians doing. Only a small percentage of American Christians are actually engaged in trying to bring lost souls to Christ, praying and working for revival and awakening, trusting in God with America's future.

What we see from most American Christians is putting their hopes in politics and political candidates.