• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Todays sermon and also what we studied in Sunday school touched upon all this. Our pastor really called upon all of us to look into our hearts, search out that sin in our lives with the Spirits help, to confront it, reject it and surrender to Christ.

In Sunday school our pastor pointed out that if Christians really put Christ first, most of the problems with sports and other events being schedualed on Sundays would cease. If Christian parents told coaches and others that on Sunday their children would be in church, scheduals would be changed. It's only because Christian parents have not taken such a stand, have in effect placed sports ahead of Christ, and have been setting the example to their children that church and Christ don't take first place in our lives, that things like sports are more important than attending church or seeking God first.

During the sermon today our pastor said one of the warning signs of a pastor either heading in a dangerous direction or already having gone there is when that pastors own name starts getting promoted above God's. Rather than "First Baptist church" where Christ is preached, if we see a sign saying "The ministry of Pastor Brown and his special word for you", that should serve as a warning sign.

Must have been the subject of God's choice, my pastor preached something similar to that too tonight.

• Members

Oh no, not that, just a lover of fair weather.

Yet when someone gripes about the weather I will usually say something like this, without those stormy rainy days we would stop having those beautiful days we enjoy so much.

Us humans are difficult to satisfy, maybe impossible!

• Members

My worse dislike is walking out in a very cold early morning, especially if its also raining!

But, I get over it quickly.

Many times I'm surprised.

The Sunday morning weather will be very bad yet we have several at church, them comes along a very pretty Sunday morning & I think we will have several, but we don't!

• Members

Isn't it amazing how unpredictable church attendance can be? With Christmas and New Years on Sunday this past time around everyone was wondering how attendance would turn out. Our church had a huge gathering Christmas day but then come New Year day we were well below normal.

• Members

It's a shame so many churches have to cancel their normal Sunday night things on Superbowl Sunday because most people won't show up. It's especially sad that childrens events get cancelled because their parents won't leave watching the Superbowl long enough to drive their children to and from church.

• Members

Yet many Christians cannot understand that pro football is not a friend of God nor the local churches Jesus has in this world. If they were they would check with them to make sure that they never schedule anything that conflicts with one of His churches.

And not that many years ago within each community all origination would not schedule any activities at all that would conflict with the local churches.

Of course I don't expect such worldly people to think about godly things.