• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Talking about crickets. One night last summer they were steadily making their noise outside of our bedroom window. It seemed as if they had a high powered sound system and everyone of them had a microphone.

Finally after it nearly drove me nuts I got up, mixed up some insect killer I had, soaked them with it, and only them did the wife and I have peace so that we could sleep.

• Members

Cool story Jerry! :clapping:

Reminds me of the night a cricket woke me up. When I tried to get him he got away. I went back to bed and he started again. That cricket was so loud I couldn't get back to sleep. I spent a half hour tracking that cricket down before I finally killed it and was able to get some sleep.

I hope you didn't try killing it with a shotgun. :icon_mrgreen:
God bless,
Joel.

• Members

Last year seemed to be our worse year for crickets. Skunks, that's something we have plenty of. One morning a few years ago I killed 14 skunks in a pasture across from my house. The only reason I did not kill any more, I ran out of shotgun shells. I went to town and bough another box, them killed 5 more. I did not have to move over a few yards each time in order to kill another one.

• Members

Yep, plenty of coyotes. We live clost to the railroad tracks and some nights I can hear a bunch them just on the other side of the tracks carrying on. Last summer there was a three-legged coyote that was coming into town eating out of my sisters pan beside her garage where she fed the cats.