• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Jerry, my wife would've made me turn around at the first sign of rain. I've gotten caught in hailstorms, raced tornadoes home, and picked my motorcycle up after sliding on ice. Makes for interesting stories later, but my wife is not that into it.

Anyways, weatherman is predicting sunshine and mid-60s for Thursday, before another threat of snow by the weekend. Hmmm ...

Our sending church is starting its mission conference tonight. That's always a great time in the Lord, and we move our Wednesday night service there for this.

Linda was that way early on, but after we got rained on a few times, them had a great day, she changed.

Back in the 80's we headed to the lake, me pulling our boat, with her hauling all our camping equipment. Before we even got out of town it started pouring down rain. i was in the lead, I notice her flash the lights at me, knowing she wasted me to stop. I acted dumb and kept driving. When we finally turned off the main highway, about couple of miles from he lake, I finally pulled over. It was pouring down rain as if someone was emptying barrels of water on us.

Of course she said, "Don't you feel we ought to just go on back home?"

Of course I was not for that, even though I could not see a break in the sky no where. I finally talked her in driving on up to the lake. We set in our cars for a spell, finally I got out starting to set up our tent. she gets out and says, "Have you gone crazy?"

I replied, "I don't think so, I feel its going to stop raining any moment." Friends of ours already had their stuff set up, he had been up that morning and they were going to be there in a hour or so. About the time I got the tent all set up, it stopped raining. Our friend got there about an hour later, by that time the sky was pretty and blue with the sun shinning.

Never will forget what she said after that trip, "I believe that's the most fun we ever had camping out." I asked her, "Have you forgot about calling me crazy while I was setting the tent up in a rain storm?" She said, "No, I guess I'm just have to trust your thoughts on such things from now on." From them on if it was raining and I said let go for a ride on the motorcycle, she was ready. There was a few times when we did not ride very far, for the rain seemed not to stop, yet there were many times when we had a wonderful day of it.

Kind of like deer hunting, a true deer hunter who loves it, will hunt in most any type of weather, them you've got those fair weather hunters. Same with fishing, duck hunting, and so on. I loved my motorcycle riding. You just have to be sure and be prepared for what ever kind of day is at hand.

One thing about it, if you forge ahead in difficult weather, it give you plenty of stories to talked about later on.

Up close to Little Rock they used that would have an early morning breakfast at a local cafe once per month, they would be people there from all over Arkansas there that would leave home early that morning where they could be there at 7:00 AM. It was about a 100 mile trip for us. There was morning we left in the rain, it was raining when we got there, it was raining when we left, and it was raining when we got home. yet the next month when that morning came, if it was raining, we would head out again. Of course on those morning there was only a few there, but Linda and I knew the outer 5 or 6 die hards would always be there. The next month we would always tell the about all the fun they missed. Wouldn't mind doing that again if I had not had all that trouble with my head and neck and could still ride, it was fun.

I might add, yes, we had several friends around here that thought we had lost out mind. Of course some of them did things which made us think they did not have good sense. Its all n what a person enjoys.

• Members

So...they passed it. Once again America spits in the face of God. He has been merciful, far more merciful than we deserve; but if change does not come soon, if America and its Church does not repent, if the conditions of the promise of 2 Chronicles 7:14 are not taken, our country is doomed. Dear Father, please help us.
God bless,
Joel.

• Members

Old Maxine, the cartoon woman has spoken on this issue.

Let me get this straight. We're going to be gifted with a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president who also hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong? Let me get this straight. We're going to be gifted with a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president who also hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by Jerry80871852

• Members
Another day that the Lord has made, what will you do for Him today?

Hopefully everything I can - I must give it all away.
Hey, they passed it, yet still they do not know what is in it.

Indeed, brother. Since they're supposed to work for us, I propose we fire them.
God bless,
Joel.

• Members

Hopefully everything I can - I must give it all away.

Indeed, brother. Since they're supposed to work for us, I propose we fire them.
God bless,
Joel.

My idea would be fire all of them, put a term limit in place, and not let a single congressman every get such power again. That would be the only way to rein in our congressmen.