• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

I have noticed a rather "mean" slant lately?!

Yes I believe we are Fighting Fundamentalists and that we have to remain true to the fundamentals. But, aren't we supposed to be compassionate?

Don't get me wrong, I am all for reproof. I think we should save others from doctrinal error. Case in point the DW was on another womens only board (IFB) and a previous poster had mentioned that she stood behind John MaCarthur. I asked my wife to be certain that she at least let that woman know that MaCarthur was false teacher. I am certain that my wife did it out of love. But, I believe that we have a responsibility to others.

Wheres the compassion? I know others that (at least one) doesn't show up because of all the in fighting. I dunno :dunno:

• Members
Yes' date=' there has been a mean slant lately which is why I'm staying out of things too. I'm so tired of it.[/quote']

Agreed! I've had to use some serious self-control not to either say what I was thinking or to simply stay away from here for some time. For some reason, there are a few folks here that seem to have been posting with some sharp attitudes for awhile now. I don't understand this but it certainly isn't right.

• Members

LOL sounds like my usual day.... make it up as i go lol just kidding. :loco

On the topic of mean slants. I think there are a few that come off that way and dont indent too, then others react in self defense, then there are just a few that intend to. Something we all need to watch. I know I never intend offend anyone, only share the truth in Love and becasue we are human we will disagree at times.

I hate confrontation. My sheriff told me that is what made me a good Deputy and problem solver. I did not like conflict so I was quick to resolve it.

I know this though. I love the bretheren and I love posting here. GROUP HUGE :lol: