• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dream Vacations

• Members

I guess I have spring fever... :lol:

What are some dream vacations you would like to take someday?

I would like to go in with a few friends and family members and rent one of those beach houses on the Outer Banks in the early or late summer when there aren't crowds. The Outer Banks is chock-full of delightful places to go and things to see.

• Members

I've always wanted to go to Savannah in Africa. I like to see the lions , the upside trees, the culture, etc. I am not sure if I am fond of heavily vegetation places.. I get plenty of that from where I live (the Appalachian mountains). and I am not sure I cared too much for beaches unless I get to snokel or scuba diving (because I can't swim with my hearing aids, it bores me to death). If I was going to do any of that, it will be in Hawaii.

• Members

My dream vacation would be a nice looooooooooong road trip. Starting in SW PA, I think I would start west for the Pacific Ocean. I would take US 101 from Seattle to San Diego. Then, I would start back through Texas. Next, I would go due north through the plains and head toward Detroit. After entering Canada in Windsor, I would visit Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal before heading to New England to spend some time. For the grand finale, I would spend some time in NYC before driving home.

Hey, you said dream vacation.

• Administrators

I've never driven the 101 all the way to San Diego, but when my grandpa died, my brothers drove up to Seattle from there on 101. It actually goes into the peninsula, and is not too far from where my grandparents lived. Other than the reason, they enjoyed the trip.

I only think of one dream vacation--------being in heaven with no thirst, His prescence at all times and our glorified bodies plus I won't diappoint the Lord anymore there! That is my ultimate dream vacation!!! pixiedust

• Members

My Dream Vacation:::::::::::::::::

To have My CFO/financier pay me to take off from my regular project the period from 20th of April thru 30th of October. He would buy 2,500 acres in some quiet, secluded site wherein I would design an entire outdoor railroad layout. We would lay track, build the engines, cars, and all the entire infrastrcuture to go with it. Then we'd plant grape arbors, some fruit and nut trees and some log cabins for resident caretakers.

HEHHEHEEHHEEHE, dream on........

• Members

This might sound greedy, but I have 2 dream vacations. One is what Bakers6 said about renting one of those big houses on the Outer Banks for several days and just have a ball. I got to do something like that for an overnight trip once and my friends and I are still talking about the fun we had, and that was 11 years ago. The other one is going on a horseback trip all over yellowstone Nat. Park and the Jackson Hole area. I want to just take all the time I want and see everything there is to see and take lots of pictures, and camp out, well, and maybe stay in a cabin or two along the way. CJP56

• Members

After re-reading bakers6' s dream vacations and seeing that she posted several things, I would have to say that they aren't going to Hawaii without me!! Hahahaha. I would also love to go to Austria for just two things: To go to the Spanish Riding School and watch the Lippizans perform, and to take a tour boat ride on the Danube River. I have always wanted to see East Africa and I wouldn't mind touring Australia and New Zealand either. It's great fun to dream!!!!! CJP56