• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

This is a poem that I wrote two days ago in my spare time.

"Books"
~by Kaycee Lochner~

-Take a good book off the shelf,
A story that you can read for yourself.
Could be long, could be short,
Just read a book of any sort!

Mystery, romance, and even a fairy tale,
All make you want to jump, laugh, and sometimes wail.
In a good story, if you just look,
You might find that you get hooked on that book!-

What a wonderful poem you wrote! All my friends know anytime they ask me what I would like it's the same answer 'Books!!" My husband reads (inhales I should say) history books especially WWII. What do you like to read?

• Members
What a wonderful poem you wrote! All my friends know anytime they ask me what I would like it's the same answer 'Books!!" My husband reads (inhales I should say) history books especially WWII. What do you like to read?

I LOVE history books. I used to read every WWII book I could get hold of. For many years I read every book I could get my hands on dealing with the "civil war", as well as the time immediately prior to and after that. Also, history in general. These days I don't read near as much historical books because it's too easy to get so caught up reading them that my reading of Christian books suffers.

I love good political based books as well, but limit the number of those I read now as well.

Mostly these days I read Christian books, non-fiction, to help in my growth in Christ.

Still, there are some good historical and political books I would like to read one day, time permitting.

Last year our pastor challenged us to spend time reading Christian books. I managed to read 29 Christian books last year.

John You'll have to talk to my husband sometime. Your interest in history you two could really relate. I read more books like "Evidence that demands a verdict" I've been rereading "The Search for Messiah" by Mark Eastman and Chuck Smith. Been asking for a good book for wives. If you or your wife have any suggestions I'm open! After all I've read of your postings I would trust your advice in that area. So nice to meet a fellow book lover! pixiedust

• Members

BOOKS!!!!! I love books!!!! I read all kinds of books, except maybe modern fiction. Most of that stuff is junk. I am a compulsive reader. If there is print on anything I have to read it. My DH and I have tons of books and we are always on the lookout for more. CJP56.

• Members
BOOKS!!!!! I love books!!!! I read all kinds of books' date=' except maybe modern fiction. Most of that stuff is junk. I am a compulsive reader. If there is print on anything I have to read it. My DH and I have tons of books and we are always on the lookout for more. CJP56.[/quote']

We are kindred spirits! I look for books at yard sales and flea markets. When there are library book sales I'm on my way. I'm constantly having to buy or make more shelves and rearrange things to accomadate our ever growing book collection.

John- Not likely here as well but my husband has been giving me bookshelves (beautiful ones I must brag on him here) in each room of the house so I have mini-libraries in most rooms. I love it! Maybe you could do something similar? pixiedust

• Members

I LOVE history books. I used to read every WWII book I could get hold of. For many years I read every book I could get my hands on dealing with the "civil war", as well as the time immediately prior to and after that. Also, history in general. These days I don't read near as much historical books because it's too easy to get so caught up reading them that my reading of Christian books suffers.

I love good political based books as well, but limit the number of those I read now as well.

Mostly these days I read Christian books, non-fiction, to help in my growth in Christ.

Still, there are some good historical and political books I would like to read one day, time permitting.

Last year our pastor challenged us to spend time reading Christian books. I managed to read 29 Christian books last year.

Since history isn't my best subject in school, I don't like reading WWII books or other books on history. Except for Liberty Letters. Which is a series of books about girls who wrote to each other during the Underground railroad and Plymouth and others.

• 2 months later...
Guest zrynx
This is a poem that I wrote two days ago in my spare time.

"Books"
~by Kaycee Lochner~

-Take a good book off the shelf,
A story that you can read for yourself.
Could be long, could be short,
Just read a book of any sort!

Mystery, romance, and even a fairy tale,
All make you want to jump, laugh, and sometimes wail.
In a good story, if you just look,
You might find that you get hooked on that book!-

MMM...NICE... :wink