• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Faith-based dorms near a public university?

• Members

Seminole County commissioners on Tuesday approved 4-1 a mixed-use development designed to house about 600 students and create a faith-based student center near the University of Central Florida.

About 180 people, many of them UCF students or neighborhood residents, filled commission chambers until about 11 p.m., debating whether an influx of students would affect the quality of life of the community near NorthView, proposed for a site near McCulloch Road and Lockwood Boulevard.

David Theriaque, an attorney for the Carillon Homeowners Association, said his group was fine with the student center and retail, but opposed the housing and a four-story parking garage.

"It's the wrong place. It's ... http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/cus ... 2781.story

ok, I thought this was interesting. I am not sure what group of people that was for it, but some people commented (somewhere else, not the article) that they rather if they live separately in college so they didn't have roommates trying to convert them. Well, here I thinking about the segregation back in the fifties and how people wanted to be in the same community with religious white people who didn't believe in mix races and felt that people should live in a community of their race. So what will happen when religious people live separately again and have everything nice, are they (non-believers)going to try shove their way back in ? .. I just want them realize what they doing would just make the whole segregation protest back in the 50's pointless because it motivate christians to live in a separate community again (only this time, black christians will be part of the community)...

IF they are pushing this to get rid of christians and other people of faiths from their dorms.