• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Qualities in a mate

Guest Guest

What qualities did you look for in finding your spouse?

Here is what I looked for. I wasn't in church at the time soo Spirituality was not a consideration.

1. Intelligence, I knew I could never truly respect someone that was not smarter then me.

2. Worker, I would not even consider a lazy person. When I met my husband he was literally outside building a garden for his mom and then painting her house, I hung over the fence gabbing to him, then later helping him paint her house.

3. Someone that was generally kind. My husband was a very kind person to every body he met.

What was the characteristics you looked for?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Proverbs 31:30 is at the top of my list. As likeminded as humanly possible...Amos 3:3 all the way!

I'm a sucker for a nice gal. I don't want a continual dropping on a rainy day! :lol:

Decent degree of intelligence would be nice. Not necessarily a genius, but not...ditzy. Someone I can actually talk to. In any case, I'd rather someone who knows Bible than physics, but I won't complain if she plays a mean game of chess.

Somebody who's not afraid to prove everything with the Bible...Who is biblically submissive, yet can still think.

Someone who will communicate with me, to maintain a healthy relationship...Emotions can crazy sometimes, but stuff needs to be talked about, or there will be explosionnnnnn.

Someone who won't ever divorce me! :lol:

Someone I can witness and serve God with, and who gets excited about it.

Magic intangible personality match is always good too.

If I find a lady like that, and she's actually [b]crazy[/b] enough to marry me, I'm sure I'll be convinced she's the most beautiful woman in the world regardless of how she looks. Non-issue.

And uh...Hehe good cook would be nice, to get me away from my steady diet of fast food and microwaved junk. Wheeee Lebanese food.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

haha, ok, here we go....

I want him to be: to be saved of course, FIB, KJB all the way, to love me, as Christ loved the church...always be there for me, to listen, to be a leader, the man of his house, and not a wimp..

I want him to be: capable to provide for a family....haha, maaany children..and for him to want to raise them by the Bible, as well, as I do..

I want him to be crazy/silly, and cut up, but to be serious as well,...and to have sense enough to know to be wat! :lol:

For him to: want to serve God as much as I do with our lives, always be obeident to God,...wateva the cost..

Not really for him to be 'the life of the party', or wateva, but for him to be fun to be around!Someone with a good sense of humor/good personality..

haha, Well i guess this about all??And you can't ask to much of God, can you? :D

• Members

[quote]
Somebody who is social, to offset my terrible shyness.

Somebody who's not afraid to prove everything with the Bible...Who is biblically submissive, yet will get on me if I ever say something silly like my Star-Trek theory of soul sleep currently in the Biblical Issues forum.

If I find a lady like that, and she's actually crazy enough to marry me, I'm sure I'll be convinced she's the most beautiful woman in the world regardless of how she looks. Non-issue.
[/quote]

I agree! We must be alike, lol. ESPECIALLY the part about a girl being crazy enough to marry me... :D

• Members

Hmm.

I wanted someone who was smart, responsible and mature...I preferred someone several years older than myself (I always felt the ones that were exactly my age were too goofy and immature...I have a dry sense of humor but I rarely got overly silly, even when I was younger) ...also someone who was spiritually independent so they could be of help to me instead of the other way around (too many wives have to nag their husbands about things that should be easily done). But somebody understanding enough so that they realized I have shortcomings and am not perfect and that I'm not always easy to live with... :D

God definately blessed in all that too...I got a military guy almost 6 yrs older than me who is very responsible and helpful (and quite a bit neater than me!) and I never have to worry about if he is doing what he is supposed to be doing like some of my friends have to do with their husbands.

Oh and I wanted to marry a preacher too and so that happened too. :D

• Members

Oh yeah and I wanted someone taller than me too but I forgot to be specific so I got 1/4" taller. But that's okay! (Except if I wear any heel whatsoever on my shoes... :shock: )

• Members

Number one is Compassion for all other's and my husband has always had deep Compassion for all people. He has always been an individual who is always there to listen and would never for a split second betray any Trust aand Confidence entrusted to him.Everyone who meets him even for the very first time can instantly see that he is a very genuine person in all the wonderful qualities that a human being could be associated with as a born again christian. I am not trying to say that my husband is perfect but as far as I am concerned he is about as close to it as I could even ever hope to be myself. He has a way of never showing anger and stress when I know as well as our family he has so much of all of this on a daily basis but he is such a strong and resilient person that it is never seen in other words his strength even to me at times is astounding. When I married my husband 34 years ago he was everything I ever could have wished for and it is even more wonderful and blessed than then and yes by all means we have had disagreements and trials and tribulations BUT thur it all and because we always kept God with us at all times we are better than EVER. I without ANY doubt, hesitation or reservations would marry this wonderful man again in a heartbeat!! I give all THANKS to God for my wonderful life with this wonderful man!! :saint

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

size wasn't an issue figured if my husband was shorter then me he would be a midget, I gambled with the odds of ever dating a midget and won.

• 1 year later...