• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Public Rudeness

• Members

When my kids were still young and when one of them did this, I spoke quietly to him, and said, "We'll talk about this when we get home". At home when discussing it, we carefully outlined what to do/say and how to do it if something like that should happen again. We're all human creatures and stuff happens. :)

In industry we have the principle, [b]"Praise in public, criticize in private"[/b].

• Members

I was just wondering what you all thought because I know a lady who punishes her kids if they do this in public.

I also know a couple who used to spank (read::"beat") their son for having to use the bathroom at mealtime. He would very politely ask if he could be excused to go to the bathroom just about every meal and they would very politely allow him to do so. Then afterwards they would beat him for being so rude. :? :? :?

• Members

I would only punish the kid later if he does it for attention or does it on purpose. All of us know husbands and kids who can "toot" jingle bells on command and think it is a form of entertainment. :roll:
I can't imagine someone punishing a kid for normal bodily functions they can't help.I had a horrible gas problem as a kid and I was so embarrassed. I found out in my adult life that I had a food allergy. So, folks, get your kid tested if it seems like a big problem. May just need a change of diet or simply eating slower.