• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

Had a HUGE chicken wrap with ceasar dressing, lettuce and cheese that my wife got at the super market while doing our weekly shopping. We don't normally do that kind of thing, but she didn't feel like cooking. It was just great and I was surprised. The best part was it was under $4.00. Pretty cheap dinner!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Roast turkey in sage and onion gravy, Mixed chopped vegetable gratin, steamed green beans, Roast parsnips (one of my favourite veggies at present though I hated them as a child. I roast them in olive oil with a little powdered garlic and herbes de provence) served with sauté potatoes with persillade 

• Moderators

There's a British fish & chips spot in Edmonton that sells mushy peas! I didn't try the peas, but the fish was incredible. It even came wrapped in newspaper. :) Oh, and they had deep-fried pickles. My  new favorite dish...

• Administrators

Not sure, HC--it comes out of a tin. At a guess I'd say boil peas until they start to liquify and then add salt and green food colouring.

Heh - I googled it and this is what I found:

1. Bring a shallow pot of lightly salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add frozen peas, and cook for 3 minutes, or until tender. Drainpeas, and transfer to a blender or large food processor. Add cream, butter, salt and pepper to peas, and process until blended, but still thick with small pieces of peas.

Actually doesn't sound half bad!