Online Baptist Community

Whats for Supper...

Flourgirl

• Members
1 hour ago, Invicta said:

I have never had a Subway. I think we have one in town  what sort of food go they do?

Today I am plan ing to do a lamb hotpot.

They are a "sub" sandwich shop, but they serve the sandwiches as salads as well. We loved them when they first came out. I was night manager for one in Pekin, IL for over a year (89-90) but when we went to Augusta, GA for my sisters first wedding, my wife and I found out that the ones there were hiring managers. So, we both were interviewed and hired on the spot. That's when everything was pretty much cut by hand, including most of the meat. Now it's all pre-packaged. We'll eat there every now and again, but only when we have to. 

• Members

My wife said that because of the rainy days and the cooler temps this week, chili sounded good....and, it does, in fact sound very good! So, I'll be making chili this evening. She is going to make a salad when she gets home, and for dessert, we still have some strawberry-rhubarb crunch and vanilla ice cream....so that'll do it for supper this evening! 🙂

Edited by BrotherTony

• Administrators

My meals have been simplified lately. Due to health issues I am off of all carbs and sugar. So, it's usually just meat or fish and veggies, and most of those are green. I do find that having to do without carbs, I need to eat more of what I am allowed to eat. So, tonight it was three hamburg patties and a package of frozen Asparagus.

• Members
2 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

Steak, green beans and rice last night

Man, that sounds good! 🙂  My wife and I will probably have steak sometime this weekend, and then around her birthday on the 24th of the month. 

Tonight we're having hotdogs again. When we have hotdogs we have an 8 pk. We use 4 the first night,, and the second night we usually have the other 4. Not sure what we'll have with them. Probably pork and beans again. We may also have some fries, and if there are any prepackaged portions of it left...applesauce! 😉 

• Members
3 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

We had roast beef, gravy, potatoes, green beans, salad tonight. Sunday is our potluck day, and we are doing soups and stews. I'm making beef stew (using the roast) as well as chicken enchilada soup (a favorite of my guys, hands down). 

That sounds delicious! In fact, it ALL sounds delicous and is somewhat like my wife and I do.

Tonight my wife is going to buy some pizzas while she's at the grocery store on the way home from work. She's been getting Red Baron lately because they have stopped selling Wild Mikes. We don't eat store-bought pizza very often, but since she'll be right there at the store, there really isn't any reason for her to go elsewhere.

• Members

Tonight is chicken tenders and fries. I don't know if Vivian and I will ever get back to being able to eat a regular meal on a regular basis. When one can't taste the food they're making or eating, it doesn't really seem to make one want to spend an lot of time cooking!

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

I'm in a quarantine hotel in Taiwan, it's been almost two weeks, I have another day and then freedom! But I just wanted to share the different lunchbox meals the hotel provided. I didn't take a picture of every meal , but this will give you an idea of what typical Taiwanese food looks like.

474207516_IMG_20210922_080131(1).thumb.jpg.b96c9d23130a9362b74f8efbc9fc00c1.jpg  IMG_20210924_120813.thumb.jpg.1802b605c631b6062f04d8a928dfa751.jpg

IMG_20210925_074010.thumb.jpg.7e474c5509082c8278dee057aa2b2b3b.jpg

IMG_20210925_122231.thumb.jpg.a8c4a7838876b1dae4fa8c48f4616b55.jpg

IMG_20210926_190338.thumb.jpg.035c3f2e7129a7cfae52c4b8943835a1.jpg

IMG_20210927_120622.thumb.jpg.d632b8e7620e8ee88e20e485da20e03d.jpg

IMG_20211001_115203.thumb.jpg.9ef92df5834e32f072d8117958e2c148.jpg

IMG_20211002_120016.thumb.jpg.02bb7b783e978c3a45e55bec53f0a514.jpg

My favorite, pork dumplings and corn soup.

IMG_20211003_172744.thumb.jpg.d11d6446256ad9ccabc4ef8660b3cb10.jpg

How they delivered my food. 

IMG_20210925_122022.thumb.jpg.53175467d8295c1c67a2349b6f79f663.jpg

• Administrators

No cooking tonight, I have to fill n for my pastor, so I leave home too early to cook, I live and hour and a half from my church. So, for me it will be cooked chicken strips from a market in town. If I have to do this I usually gets the chicken, take it to a city park and eat it there, then it's on to church to preach. That's the plan for tonight.

• Members
6 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

No cooking tonight, I have to fill n for my pastor, so I leave home too early to cook, I live and hour and a half from my church. So, for me it will be cooked chicken strips from a market in town. If I have to do this I usually gets the chicken, take it to a city park and eat it there, then it's on to church to preach. That's the plan for tonight.

I'll be praying for the service. We don't always get to go to Wednesday services, as my wife get's home right around the time they start. I don't drive much anymore, and our services start at 6 PM instead of 7 like most Baptist churches I've been in.