Online Baptist Community

Whats for Supper...

Flourgirl

• Advanced Member
On 4/21/2019 at 12:07 AM, Jim_Alaska said:

That sounds wonderful Invicta. I have not had fish cakes since I was a child. My mother used to make them quite often. I have lost her recipe. Do you have a recipe you would care to share?

Sorry Jim, no recipe.  I just did what my mum did , that is mash up some left over cooked potato with a fork and some fish mashed the same way, I think she used canned pilchards, but I could be wrong.  I used left over mashed potato and some canned tuna in oil. My mum used to shape them by hand and cook them in the fat from her roast meats, but  I used a hamburger mould and put breadcrumbs in the bottom and an top, and fried them in Olive oil.  We were brought up in the war and there was severe rationing.  One fo the things you couldn't get was olive oil except from a pharmacist in small bottles of about two tablespoons.  

Add any seasoning to taste.

• Moderators

Last night, has steak and pan-fried green beans. Tonight? Who knows? Maybe pork, maybe a sandwich. With my wife still pretty down I am the cook and chief bottle-washer, and with service right after work tonight, hard to say what we will do. But I always come up with something. Fortunately my wife has simple tastes.

• Lady Administrators

@Ukulelemike, please let your wife know I'm praying for her. I hope she gets back on her feet and feeling better soon.

Today we had our monthly potluck, so tonight was leftovers. Three cheese ziti with sweet Italian sausage, meatballs in sweet chili sauce, salad. With German chocolate cake for dessert.

• Moderators
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:32 PM, HappyChristian said:

@Ukulelemike, please let your wife know I'm praying for her. I hope she gets back on her feet and feeling better soon.

Today we had our monthly potluck, so tonight was leftovers. Three cheese ziti with sweet Italian sausage, meatballs in sweet chili sauce, salad. With German chocolate cake for dessert.

Thank you, I will do that. Its been a long road and we're still walking it, but its getting better, just a slooow process. 

• Lady Administrators
3 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Thank you, I will do that. Its been a long road and we're still walking it, but its getting better, just a slooow process. 

I hear you on that long road. Ours hasn't been as long as yours, but we're still walking it as well.

• Advanced Member

I hope your wife is soon better Uke.

Today I did Entrecote steak with baked potatoes, ratatouille, carrot and green beans.  

My wife had Cancoillotte with her baked potato instead of steak.  That is a French runny garlic cheese which she brings back when we visit France. I have never seen it here.

https://president.uk.com/french-cheese/cancoillotte#.XNYCM45KjIU

• 1 month later...
  • Lady Administrators

Sunday morning after church, our son took us to Red Lobster for Father's Day. We don't go very often, so Randy and I both usually order the Cajun Chicken Linguine. Even though they are making the portions smaller now, there was so much! I brought most of mine home and we enjoyed it last night for dinner as well. I have no idea what we'll be having tonight.

• Lady Administrators
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Oh my, you go to Red Lobster and order a Cajun dish? It's a sacrilege I say, a sacrilege!  😀

Not only Cajun, but CHICKEN! LOL - that just makes our son shake his head every time. Going to a SEAFOOD place and ordering FOWL. heheheh   It's like going to a steak place and ordering hamburger (which I do...).

Today my mom and I went to lunch while we waited for her brakes to be fixed. I had fish and "chips" - house made potato chips, warm from the deep fryer.  There was enough to bring home for my supper tonight. Randy wanted me to pick him up a rotisserie chicken while I was out, so that's what he'll be having. Probably the whole thing. Can you tell we like chicken? bahaha!

• Lady Administrators

Yes...I'm from the other side of the country, Pacific seafood. However, there is a lot that I used to eat that I just don't care for any more. Crab, shrimp. I do still like a good piece of fish. If we go to Red Lobster again before another year, I will likely order salmon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lady Administrators

Last night I made enchiladas for supper. Randy was thrilled that I found some low carb tortillas so he could enjoy them. I made him one beef, one cheese, and one chicken (although I didn't have a lot of chicken, so I added some zucchini).

Tonight I'm making steak bites and zucchini noodles. It's a recipe I found online, basically cooking up steak cut into bite-size, and spiralized zucchini. There is a marinade that makes it different. I think Randy will enjoy it, low carb and not high in vitamin k, so he can enjoy a salad with it.

Our son is happy I made enchiladas - I send lunch home with him on Sundays and Wednesdays so he doesn't have to buy it...so he gets enchiladas for lunch tomorrow, and steak bites for another lunch (if there's any left LOL).

• 5 weeks later...