• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Come on HC!  You need to be more descriptive and yummy sounding than that!  Are the hot dogs grilled, or (yuck) boiled? Are they all beef, or cheepo mystery meat dogs? Do you put mustard on them, and if so is it Dijon, Deli, Spicy Brown or (gag) French's Yellow?  Any delicious sauerkraut on them (a must IMO)?  No sides with it?  Potato salad, fries, chips, baked beans, or watermelon?  I want to hear how God's wonderful provision for his children has blessed you!  Just, "Hot Dogs tonight", sounds like God is spanking you right now.   :ROFL:

Invicta is finally getting how to do this!  Look at post #4366.  Now that's what I am talking about!

Bro. Garry

We always use Dijon Mustard, and Dijon Mayonnaise.  Some years ago we visited the mustard Shop in Dijon.  As it happens we are on holiday at present and not too far from Dijon.

We plan to attend church in Langres tomorrow.

• Members

That new steak house was FABULOUS!!  And not bad on prices either especially since I was so miserable when I left because of the amount of food you got.  I had a perfectly flame grilled 16oz Rib Eye "rare" with the outsides perfectly charred as requested but still nice and juicy rare inside, a huge bowl of jojo fries, steamed vegies, and their rolls were as advertized, the best on the planet all for $17.95 Their strawberry lemonade perfect.  They are a bit proud of the lemonade, it tcost $4.25.  The atmosphere was perfect for a small logging community like ours.  Large mis-matched melmac plates, plastic tumblers for glasses, mason jars for the strawberry lemonades, and mismatched silverware, with steak knives so sharp they were scary.  Only knock I have against it was they could have lowered the country/western music about 80 decibles down (off).  Oh, and the waitresses short dress ended about 10 inches above her knees.

Going to try their Sunday after church lunch special tomorrow.  Prime rib sandwiche for only $6.95 with free Iced Tea.  

Bro. Garry 

• Members

I resorted to holding my menu up and peering over the top so that all I could see was her face.  The waitresses were not in any kind of uniform and the other 2 waitresses in the place had slightly more modest apparel (blue jeans).  

Changed my mind about trying them for lunch on a Sunday.  I have become convicted of late about doing business anywhere on a Sunday.  I don't want to contribute to a reason someone has to work on Sunday instead of being in church.  

I'm old enough to remember "blue laws" in many States or Counties where no businesses were allowed to be open on Sunday's.  

Just put a pot roast in the slow cooker, with baby reds, onions, carrots, peppers, and serving with corn-on-the-cOB.  Made an angel food cake to pour fresh strawberries over for dessert.  

Bro. Garry

• Members

Yep, when I was a child, and into my youth, the only thing open on a Sunday in this little town was the churches. Even in the bigger towns there was very little open. Sunday's were spent in church, having a family dinner after church, perhaps a Sunday car ride.

These days most folks leave church in a rush to go out somewhere to eat or shop.

We try to keep Sunday for church, family, rest, reading. We aren't super strict or anything, if something really needs to be done on a Sunday we'll tend to it or if there is an emergency we will respond, but we don't schedule things for Sunday.

Usually a light, quick meal for dinner after church, unless my wife cooks something in the crock pot.