• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

I had to take my wife to hospital this morning so put some leek soup in the slow cooker to be ready for when we got back, so we had our main meal this evening. I did steamed new potatoes, carrots and runner beans, and cooked a piece of salmon in the bain marie above the steamer, baked tomatoes, and I added some baked mushrooms for my wife. Yummy. Sometime during the day, we shared a ripe peach that our daughter left here at the weekend, and I picked a couple of ripe figs for my wife, but I see that she has not yet eaten them and they are still on the table.

• Administrators

Happy anniversary! My little sister will celebrate her golden in September. We will have 45 in March, God willing.

I hope he will cook you dinner.

Thanks! Congrats early to your sister, too. 50 years! That's great.

We'll have a light supper that night because it's our midweek service night. He does often fix dinner, or helps me. He's a good guy!

• Members

This Obama-economy is rough!

I know the feeling. We went to Tesco after our mid week meeting last night to get any last minute reductions of food that the date expires that day. We got some vegetables at about 1/10 the price, some sandwiches about the same which we had for our supper, a lamb Kofti nwith cous cous for me and falafels with bulgar for my wife which we had for lunch today, not exciting, but a cheap meal. (2 meals for about $1) I also got some organic ribeye steaks ½ price which were display till 17th, use by 18th. I froze them.

• Members

I know the feeling. We went to Tesco after our mid week meeting last night to get any last minute reductions of food that the date expires that day. We got some vegetables at about 1/10 the price, some sandwiches about the same which we had for our supper, a lamb Kofti nwith cous cous for me and falafels with bulgar for my wife which we had for lunch today, not exciting, but a cheap meal. (2 meals for about $1) I also got some organic ribeye steaks ½ price which were display till 17th, use by 18th. I froze them.

It doesn't help any the extreme heat and drought we've had this summer. A couple from our church gave us some corn and potatos but most folks gardens haven't done well, and even most of theirs didn't either. Food prices have really went up around here and the local farmers markets have less and are more expensive this year too.