• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members
I won't miss the evening meal tonight - I am taking Elizabeth out to eat (no kids) for our 10th anniversary. Haven't decided where yet - maybe Don Pablo's (I have a coupon for there).

We decided on Ruby Tuesdays. We haven't eaten there in a LONG time. It was nice to just get away for a couple of hours. After dinner, we went to Menards and Home Depot looking for things to use to help fix up our aging house. Again, nice to do without kids fussing in the middle of the store.

• Members

Golden Corral used to be our celebration destination but they closed the last one in the area down several years ago. :sad

We did go to Menards last weekend though. Bought more primer and paint for the house.

Now we need to go grocery shopping so we can have something to eat! :lol:

• Members

Last night we had soft tacos with the leftover 4-layer dip I had made on Wednesday for nachos (made my own tortilla chips too, but not the tortillas themselves :lol ). Tonight it's pork chow mein (I'm going to make the noodles myself, add a frozen stir-fry veggie mix and the leftover pork roast I made on Sunday).

• Members
Tonight we're going to a burger joint where if you can finish eating the entire burger (HUGE)' date=' then there's no charge! I think I'll end up paying for mine. :smile[/quote']

If memory serves, there's a steakhouse in Amarillo (or Abilene?), TX, that serves a 72-ounce Porterhouse steak. If you can finish it (take-out not allowed :lol ), it's free. If you can't, you'd better bring your American Express card! :lol: I wouldn't even attempt it. I can't imagine eating more than 1/9 of a steak that size in one sitting

• Members

OUCH!!!! My tummy hurts just thinking about it. That's 4-1/2 pounds of meat. I'm not even that crazy about steak anyway. What I really like are beef cubes in gravy, hamburgers the way my wife makes them with lotsa good stuff in, roast-beef done in a slow oven, and all of my wife's crock-pot recipes. Steak cooked all by itself all by itself just doesn't thrill me that much.

• Members

If memory serves, there's a steakhouse in Amarillo (or Abilene?), TX, that serves a 72-ounce Porterhouse steak. If you can finish it (take-out not allowed :lol ), it's free. If you can't, you'd better bring your American Express card! :lol: I wouldn't even attempt it. I can't imagine eating more than 1/9 of a steak that size in one sitting

That reminds me of an ice cream parlor way down east of us that used to have a sundae so big that if you can eat it all in one sitting (not allowed to get up and go to the rest-room) it's free. It was $19.95 regular price, and contained a gallon and a quarter of ice-cream plus toppings, whipped cream, cherries, P-nuts, choco syrup and other good stuff. :clap: