• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

We had Rib Eye steaks cooked on the grill by yours truly. Veggie was Broccoli. No carbs of sugars for us due to my wife's diet and my type 2 diabetes. I miss starchy stuff, but it is necessary to keep my blood sugar in check. My doc said that if I can control my blood sugar with diet, i won't have to use insulin, so, I need to be careful.

Love Rib Eye cooked on the grill!!!

• Members
6 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

We had Rib Eye steaks cooked on the grill by yours truly. Veggie was Broccoli. No carbs of sugars for us due to my wife's diet and my type 2 diabetes. I miss starchy stuff, but it is necessary to keep my blood sugar in check. My doc said that if I can control my blood sugar with diet, i won't have to use insulin, so, I need to be careful.

Love Rib Eye cooked on the grill!!!

We just had that a few days back! A friend of ours raises grass fed Dexter steer, and he has a couple slaughtered each month. We get a majority of our beef, and pork from him. I have had to watch what I eat in the way of carbs for nearly 22 years now, and they told my wife last month that she had to start watching them, as she crossed over into the borderline diabetic group. I take Ozempic once weekly. I've used "insulin" for over 10 years now. Thankfully, I'm off all of the pills, metformin, etc. 

• Members

Tonight it's hot dogs, bbq potato chips, and macaroni salad. It's been a strange day here today weatherwise, and my balance isn't good enough for me to stand and cook. More testing for the vertigo/Meniere's on June 13th...4 1/2 hours of it. I was told to watch my sodium intake the next few weeks in preparation. So, after tonight it's mostly bland foods! 

Hot Dog Cat GIF

• Members

This evening we'll be having a broiled cube steak sandwich with onions, tomato, lettuce, and pickles. Well probably add some ranch doritos with it! 

We decided to save the BBQ ribs we purchased from Kroger for tomorrow afternoon! That way Vivian doesn't have to cook except for the potato salad she loves to make. ? Great eats for both days! 

• Administrators

This afternoon we had hamburgers and hot dogs. Easy lunch to fix. My mom fixed her pasta salad so we could measure how much we're going to need for the rehearsal dinner. Our son absolutely loves her pasta salad, so he was happy that he could take some home with him. ?

• Administrators
On 5/25/2022 at 3:36 PM, Invicta said:

Today I made an experimental soup.  Potato, spring onion, green garlic and wild garlic. It was surprisingly good.

I love to experiment Invicta. Most times it turns out good and once in a while, not so good. I did an experiment the other night that turned out exceptional. Just for kicks I'll write it out; if you like clam chowder, you will love this. I have never heard of anyone making anything like this, so it was a real experiment.

Put on a large pot of water to boil. You can use any pasta, I used elbows and spaghetti. While the water is coming to a boil, I cut up half an onion and sautéed it. I basically had the ingredients for a clam chowder and decided to use them, they consisted of:  a can of minced clams, a can of whole baby clams, white clam sauce and a clam base.

I drained all the juice from the clam stuff and added a tablespoon of  clam base to the juice. Then put it in a sauce pan and added the onions, clam solids and a jar of Alfredo sauce. Once the spaghetti was done, the sauce was also done. Served the sauce over the spaghetti and I have to admit, it is more than great. Got some left over for tomorrow, even though we both ate a lot, two huge plates of it apiece.

• Administrators

I did another experimental one tonight. I bet you would like it Tony. 

Dinner was fish, I cooked it in an experimental way and it turned out wonderful. I didn't bread it, just melted butter in a pan with a little oil to keep it from burning. Put in some seasoning I had never used before, it said it was chicken grilling seasoning. (I was gong to use Lemon Pepper, but found I didn't have any.) I also sprinkled on some dry white cheddar and Parmesan. They turned out wonderful, Linda liked them a lot too.

I sliced some red potatoes kinda thick and pan fried them, they are always good. I enjoy cooking fish because it cooks so fast.

• Members
6 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I did another experimental one tonight. I bet you would like it Tony. 

Dinner was fish, I cwaysooked it in an experimental way and it turned out wonderful. I didn't bread it, just melted butter in a pan with a little oil to keep it from burning. Put in some seasoning I had never used before, it said it was chicken grilling seasoning. (I was gong to use Lemon Pepper, but found I didn't have any.) I also sprinkled on some dry white cheddar and Parmesan. They turned out wonderful, Linda liked them a lot too.

I sliced some red potatoes kinda thick and pan fried them, they are always good. I enjoy cooking fish because it cooks so fast.

I bet I would as well...that sounds delicious! Having spent a LOT of time around Dryden, Ontario when I grew up (our church would go up there from Pekin, IL all the time) I loved catching Northern Pike, and cooking them over the open fire on some of the islands between the USA and Canada. We always had to be on the lookout for ways to increase our love for fish since it was pretty much our whole diet of meat.

Might give this one a try soon! ? Thanks!

• Administrators

Since my brother is here this week, Mom is fixing homemade veggie soup. He loves soup, as does my hubs and my mom (I can take or leave it). So soup is always a go-to when he's here.

Tomorrow is potluck day. We're doing sandwiches, so there will be sloppy joes, ham spread, tuna. Someone is bringing Waldorf salad. There will be other stuff, but that's the basics. Then tomorrow afternoon my brother will be making some chili. He brought up some ground elk to use in it.

• Members

Tonight we had a breaded pork fritter since I didn't want to make the hand-breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches. Was a long day starting at 2:30 AM. We made it into town by 7 AM to find a parking space since the Murfreesboro's Farmers Market was up this week, and every week until fall. Vivian and I both got our hair cut. I lost my Santa Claus hair and beard. Vivian lost 5" off her hair. Then we bought a table and five chairs at a yard sale. We'd needed the chairs and had been praying for some that would fit around our table for Bible studies. Vivian saw it on Wednesday when she passed the sale, and it was still there this morning. So, we stopped and bought it. Then on to Aldi to get groceries, Walgreens for a prescription, and to get our mail. We got home around 11:30 AM. For dessert we're going to have vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce on it. ? Bailey is going to have an ice pop. 

• Administrators

My brother is making dinner tonight. Elk chili. It smells SO nummy. Problem is I can't have any - stomach issues acting up and I can't take a chance with the wedding being Friday. The spices are actually upsetting my stomach. lol...that tells me it is gonna taste great!